(SOLVED )fileupload element change image size after upload

jmoises

is this normal?

i have this image 480 kb, after upload the image and save the form then download the image i get a 9.39 mb image.

thanks for any help

If the width or height of the image is bigger than set in fileupload element max height or height field, then the GD library processes the images according to compression level in fileupload element settings (90 by default). So the image size can increase as strange as it may seem. You can decrease the value 90 and/or decrease the max width / height values to get the smaller size images uploaded.

P.S. it's possible that the image is processed even if the width and height of the image are smaller than max width and height set in fu-element settings, didn't test that.

If the width or height of the image is bigger than set in fileupload element max height or height field, then the GD library processes the images according to compression level in fileupload element settings (90 by default). So the image size can increase as strange as it may seem. You can decrease the value 90 and/or decrease the max width / height values to get the smaller size images uploaded.

P.S. it's possible that the image is processed even if the width and height of the image are smaller than max width and height set in fu-element settings, didn't test that.

Wow, thanks for the reply, now i know!, so is all about the settings on the fileuplad element!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back