FileUpload Element Not working

I dunno what I've done, but the fileupload element just seems to have completely stopped working. It doesn't display any error message, but no file actually gets uploaded and no file path &name gets stored in the table.

Some things I've tried:
  • removing all validations
  • reinstalling the plugin
  • creating a new fileupload element
  • changing the upload directory
  • many other configuration tweaks
Can anyone suggest where I should be looking to fix this problem?

No JS errors and still have the problem. There was one js error which I resolved by manually uploading the list-fileupload and list-fileupload-min files into the fileupload plug in folder. Now i have no js errors on the page and still have exactly the same problem.

There seems to be something strange going on when overwriting some files removed the js error.

Did you test with Joomla Protostar and Fabrik default Bootstrap form template? If the issue still occurs with default templates, I suggest you to do a full Github update.

So I created another list from scratch and the fileupload element worked in the new list no problem. So I put the two list configurations back to back to figure out what difference is causing the problem. Unfortunately, I wasn't methodical enough. I pushed a bunch of things and now it's working again. However, now I have a new problem. In either list, when I try to delete an item, I get a cannot write to log file error. I tried deleting items from other lists and the error does not arise. It's particular to the two lists that have a fileupload element.

There seems to be something strange going on when overwriting some files removed the js error.

Did you test with Joomla Protostar and Fabrik default Bootstrap form template? If the issue still occurs with default templates, I suggest you to do a full Github update.
Thanks, but the files in question were not included in the manifest, so they were not overwritten, just uploaded for the first time. Regardless, that was a red herring.

Okay so after repeatedly tweaking knobs, I seem to have resolved my issues. However, I have no idea what I did to cause the initial problem or how I fixed it. Some combination of various knobs! The subsequent problem of not being able to delete a record was resolved by setting the Delete Images option to No. I think that option should be called Delete File. In my case, the files being uploaded are not images, so I didn't really think that option was relevant to me.

One thing if elements with heavy JS (like fileupload) are involved:
Clear all Joomla and browser cache (hard reload every time after updates, changing files, element settings ...)

In principle:
Don't use 3rd party or template JS and CSS compression (or exclude Fabrik files).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back