1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

Filter User Element to show only Enabled users

Discussion in 'Community' started by bggann, Jul 28, 2020.

1. bggann

bggann Member

Level: Community
    I'm using the user plugin on a form rendered as a dropdown and I'd like to limit the users show ONLY those users who are enabled in Joomla. Currently the dropdown shows all users in Joomla, regardless of enabled state.

I have 'stale' users - people who are no longer active and I want them to not show up on the users dropdown list, but I cannot 'delete' the users because I need to preserve data integrity - some records in the lists will have those user id's referenced and I need to preserve that data.

2. juuser

juuser Active Member

Hi, use databasejoin element instead and choose Joomla users database (#_users) as a source table in element settings "Data tab".
    And in "Data - where" tab "Joins where and/or order by statement (SQL)" field add {thistable}.block = 0

3. bggann

bggann Member

Yeah - I prototyped this yesterday after I posted this and it does work. I do try to avoid accessing core Joomla tables from Fabrik, but as read only it should be okay.

4. juuser

juuser Active Member

Yup, cannot see any downsides just linking databasejoin element to core tables.