first time user

cap

Helloi have just started to make some test with fabrik, an i could make a little lis with filter for seacrh
Now i have a db, could be in a xls files, or it is already in a mysql db
I want to start by importing these data or connecting to the db and then start to organize the db, i need to be able to adda datas and mae search
Hod do i do that?
thanks a lot

There are several possibilities to import data:

You can create a Fabrik list directly from a CSV file (convert your Excel to UTF8 CSV with first row = column names).
upload_2020-1-15_20-24-54.png

You can create a Fabrik list with the columns you need and then import data from your Excel (can be done directly with the Excel file, first row = column names)
upload_2020-1-15_20-26-18.png

You can import your Excel into your database and then create a Fabrik list from this database table.

ok i was able to do that
Now i want some of those field to be dropdown for future data insert
Will it be possible to transfrom those element in dropdwon without loosing data?
Also, need to arrange te size, there are quite few felds and don't fit in a whole screen, need to resize, adjust field, and if possible to make the whole table looking little bit nicer.how wil i do that?

Have a look at the WIKI
Layout: Element settings, group settings, templates

Dropdown: element plugin dropdown or databasejoin

ok i have changed one element to dropdown and inserted the value.The element is Gender and i inserted Male and Female.The table is already filled with many records containing male and female
Now if i try to filter through advanced search, if i search ALL i have all, if seacrh for FEMALE i have females but if i search for MALE no results!
What could be the problem?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back