Form Email plugin not attaching article with placeholders

madpad

I am using a Email plugin on a Fabrik form, and under options I have no html/php selected, but I have an article template that consists of placeholders. For some reason, the email does not attach the article. What am I missing here?

What are your exact settings?

Have you selected the "article template" in plugin "options" tab?
What are your settings in "attachment" tab?

I select article template in the options tab, and then choose the article.
In the attachment tab, initially I had nothing selected. When I select pdf, then I get an error dompdf library not found.

Did you receive the e-mail as inline text, if you had nothing selected in "attachment" tab. This is the default behaviour in this case.

If you must have it as pdf-attachment, then try with Mpdf (select in fabrik options). Or try updating from Github to get the domPdf library.

This is perplexing. I receive the email, and the text in the field "message text" under options. I have none selected for php/html template, and an article selected for article template. I do not need it as pdf, but if I select the pdf option under attachments tab, I get the dompdf error.
- I did Install the Fabrik library (via Joomla installer) and configured DOMPDF in the Fabrik configuration.

I think you can include the selected article with {content} in the message text.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

By updating from github again, the dompdf error is gone. Thanks juuser, by removing text from "message text" article template works! Was I wrong in assuming that the article template will get attached as pdf? What is getting emailed as pdf is the Form submission data instead. Thanks again!

It is a bit confusing. It seems if you add a "csv" into "attachment type" field, then the article template contents is sent as attachment.
When you replace "csv" with "pdf", then the form data is sent as attachment.

Not sure is it meant to be like that or is it kind of a bug.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back