Form in popup settings ?

Incremental

Hi,
I'm quite new to Fabrik and I have probably a silly question after searching in forums & wiki...

When I add or edit something of a list, the template I choosed in Layout settings, is displayed in a square popup in the bottom of my browser.
Is there a way to set position and dimensions of that popup which is too small for the template ?

Thanks for help
Regards

Thanks cheesegrits for your answer.
Here is what I get in the frontend. In backend, it's the same.
As you can see, the popup is not large enough and in the bottom of the browser.
I would like it on the top of the browser and wider.
PS : with 2 fields, it's the same width, but with shorter high.

Regards
Capture.PNG

Just a precision, for me, it's the same effect with all YOOtheme templates...

Tagger, are you using these templates ?
could you provide more informations about your solution ?
does correction apply to the template or Fabrik ???

Thanks by advance

Hi Incremental,

no, sorry, not using yootheme template (using own).

cant remember which css i changed, but it was just a width value adjusted or added some where... found out with firebug...

guess that is not much help...I'd advise you to start up firebug and play around yourself...

cheers

OK it should be fixed with specific CSS for each popup...
But after diving in the code and Firefox, it seems that the window size is dynamically set at execution, depending on the popup content of the current form.
<div id="add.1" class="fabrikWindow modal" style="width: height: top: left: ">
The script /media/com_fabrik/js/window-min.js seems to be in charge to calculate this size, but something goes wrong.
Fields and 'boxes' are overlapping...

I don't clearly understand what's going on ,the script is hard to debug for me, because it's only one compacted line.
Can a Fabrik expert help me on this problem ??? (I got it since I tried to use Fabrik (2 years)) :(
Thanks

N.B : same problem with default Joomla templates

Friendly bump :)
I'm afraid to continue my development, if this basic problem is not solved :(
Display looks like a poor site...

Thanks for help !

I don't clearly understand what's going on ,the script is hard to debug for me, because it's only one compacted line.
You can force loading of uncompressed JS files by changing the option 'Allow FabrikDebug' to 'Debug JS'. That is located in the Fabrik options under the Debugging tab

Could you point us at the url - sounds like a css issue
Well I tried with rackem post, but I'm lost in all scripts execution !
The strange thing is that at first click on 'Edit', I get a small square popup.
If I click on its red 'X' and click again on 'Edit', the popup size is OK (except one field and the fact it's not well centered in the page).

Rob, you can see it on my Test site, menu 'Liste Contacts' when you're registered.
Thanks for help, otherwise I understand that I have to forget Ajaxify links :(

have you tried with a default joomla template? could be that the main J template markup isn't valid

have you tried with a default joomla template?
Yes, with Beez-5 template it's the same, even on mobile devices and the same with other YOOtheme templates
You can see it on my test site. Log-in, and you'll see a Fabrik Menu with 'Liste Contact'.
  • Click on Edit and you will see an opening popup with wrong dimensions (square with lifts) on the page bottom. (my 3rd post).
  • If you close the popup and reopen it, dimensions are (nearly) OK, but the popup is always displayed on the page bottom.
PS : I have another post relating to ajaxify popup problems. You can open 2 popups, one with Edit and one with View. It's the same behaviour with Beez-5 template.
http://www.fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/floating-links-not-closing.35269/

could be that the main J template markup isn't valid
Do you mean that it's a YOOtheme problem ?

I'm afraid to continue my development, if this basic problem is not solved

My suggestion would be to whip up a quick J! 3.1 / Fabrik 3.1 test site, and see if a lot of these issues you are running in to with 3.0.8 on J! 2.5 are resolved.

We are pretty much in 'serious bug fix only' mode with 3.0.8, as it only runs on an officially dead version of J!. All of our effort moving forward is going in to 3.1. So if your concern is about things being fixed moving forward, which you have already identifie as being mission critical problems ... then you should almost certainly move to J! 3.1 and Fabrik 3.1.

Is there any specific reason you need to run J! 2.5 / Fabrik 3.0?

We can probably fix some of these issues, but we would MUCH rather fix issues in 3.1, given that J! 2.5 and Fabrik 3.0.8 are pretty much officially end-of-life.

BTW, this is what I see on that list:

http://screencast.com/t/ZrtShCEAD

Can you confirm this is what you are seeing, and if so, what exactly is it you nee changed about that behavior?

-- hugh

Thanks for looking !
1) I have to stay on 3.08 probably until the end of the year, because of a 5.0.4 version of MySQL not allowing J!3.1 to run. I hope a new Unix distribution before the end of the year, but I have to reinstall all my sites.
At the moment I won't use Ajaxify Links :(

2) It's what I see, but I will switch back on the YOO theme.
You can notice in your video :
  • first opening :
    - fields Name & Message goes out of the popup
    - there are 2 lifts, while the window should have none
    - top popup is not near top of page
  • second opening :
    - all fields are inside the popup
    - window is bigger and there is no horizontal lift
    - top popup is not near top of page

OK, I see those issues ... but I don't see them as show stoppers, or something we're going to invest a lot of time and effort in, given that none of that code is present in 3.1, where we've totally re-written it all.

If you are looking at "the end of the year", that's only 3 months away, so as I said, it would probably behoove you to set up a 3.1 test site, and see if you find any show stoppers in that, so we can get those fixed ASAP.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back