Form limit plugin bug...?

bensbenz

I have been playing with the multiple page forms as a way for users to save a partially complete form and finished it later. Ideally I want them to be able to come back as many times as it takes them to finished the form and when they are done submit it, limiting them to only one submission.

I have setup a form with three groups, set the option to save partially completed multi-page forms for logged in users and setup a menu link to the form using the row id -1 with the user element for the key name. I have also set the limit plugin to a limit length of 1.

I have encountered a few problems so far. First, I noticed that when clicking on the menu link to load the form, it doesn't always load the correct record on the first click, often it loads a blank form. When I click save (not submit), it saves the record, but then when I want to go back I hit the limit and get the limit reached message. I tried changing the limit setting to NEW instead of BOTH and I can then see the record and edit again BUT when the first issue occurs and a blank form loads, I can make another submission. From that point on there are two records from the same user and the form never will load the right from the menu link.

Am I missing something about this concept and configuring incorrectly or is this a bug?

Any help would be great, Thanks.

It could be a cache issue maybe with Joomla or the browser.

Check that Joomla's cache is off and maybe try testing with two different browser to avoid the browser cache issue.

I can't currently test this one at the moment.

I couldnt replicate the issue with the form not loading always. For me it always loads the first record I added.
Regarding the limit plugin there was a bug when used in conjunction with the usekey=-1 concept.
I have fixed that at github, so perhaps try updating and see if the other issue resolves as well?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back