Form won't generate email

I have a fabrik form and I'm using the email plugin to send a note whenever a new form is completed. Or at least I would be, but I can't seem to get the email to be sent. I have tested email sending from joomla configuration and there's no problem there. The email form plugin is published. Here are my plugin settings:

published:yes
do: email
in: both
on: new
to: [my email address]
options - all blank
attachments - blank

What am I doing wrong?

Did you try with
on = both
to: a fix, surely working email address

Did you check your email Junk?

Is your Joomla send configuration using a working, clean, not blacklisted SMTP server (php mailing etc. may be rejected by your receiving email server)

On = both, checked junkmail, tried multiple known email addresses, joomla is able to successfully send test email via php or smtp. No change.

Is the email plugin triggered at all (put something like echo 'xxx';exit; into eval mail to or condition code box)?

Do have other plugins (disable for testing)?

Did you try with standard Protostar Joomla template? There are JS error coming from logger.js and a Fabrik warning "Fabrik: cant load PopoverEx as jQuery popover not found - could be the J template has overwritten jQuery (and yes Im looking at your Warp themes!)"

Thanks. Tried the prostar template. No change. No other plugins on the form. Adding echo "xxx" to eval mail creates an error on submitting. Tried switching from SMTP to PHP Email. No change. Tried leaving a comma after the TO email when there was only one email. No change. Tried putting multiple TO email addresses in with commas between. No change.

Ah, here's a clue. When i add email to a different form and use the form, I get:
Could not start mail function.
Could not send email to xxx.com

But I don't know what it means.

It was a mail configuration issue. Oddly, the joomla configuration let me generate a test email, but it wasn't fully configured and prevented fabrik plugin from generating emails.

Sorry to hijack here, but can I ask you, tghounsell, what you did in the mail config to make Fabrik email work?

I have same issue, mail is running on the site just fine, test mail and front end contact email is sending, but Form plugin from Fabrik not sending, fabrik plugin set up correctly. done this a hundred times on other sites, never had this one before.

What in Joomla was preventing Fabrik from sending?

Thanks

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back