Form won't use selected PDF layout and always fallback to the details layout

Discussion in 'Community' started by joomlamate, Aug 11, 2018.

1. joomlamate

joomlamate Member

Level: Community
    I have 2 similar forms. Both they have custom detail and pdf layouts.
    Fabrik and Joomla have been updated recently to their latest versions.
    After the update, one of the 2 forms refuse to use the selected PDF layout and will always use the details one.
    The other form is working as expected. Any idea what may be causing this?

2. joomlamate

joomlamate Member

Actually my main problem is: why PDF attachments use the details template instead of the PDF one?

3. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

Level: Standard
    This is fixed in the current GitHub version.

4. joomlamate

joomlamate Member

I updated from github, but the problem now is that during the initial form submit the PDF is blank. I only get a printed PDF with the form data, after editing and re-saving the form.

5. troester

Not sure what you mean.
    Are you using the PDF button in the form which will always create a PDF of the loaded data, not of the modified one?
    Or are you speaking of the attached PDF in the email plugin?

6. joomlamate

joomlamate Member

Hey, sorry for the confusion - I though it was clear from the discussion on the this thread. My bad for not clarifying it.
    I am talking about attaching PDF with the email plugin when form is submitted.
    All the issues are about that. Initially Fabrik wouldn't peak the right PDF template - when attaching PDF to the email but it would always use the Details template.
    Then after updating from github it attaches a blank PDF. I need to re-save the form in order to get a proper PDF.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018 at 7:06 PM
  7. troester

I can't replicate.
    I can add a new record or edit an existing one: the attached PDF uses the PDF-template and contains the new (or modified) data.

Did you try with an "original" Fabrik one (e.g. just copy details/tmpl/bootstrap to details/tmpl/bootstrapPDF and insert some additional text into default.php)?