Formplugin juser still sends standard J! registration notification email

Status
Not open for further replies.

futuron

New J! install, 3.8.8 and Fab install from website and today's github update installed.
Still when I register through the fabrik form I receive the mail i've set up AND the standard mail

So this one:

Hello xxxx,
You have been added as a User to xxxx by an Administrator.

This email has your username and password to log in to xxxxxx
Username: xxxx
Password: xxxx

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only.

And it shouldn't according to the settings in the form plugin. Or am i overlooking something? I've submitted the login info (the 'accounting' one) so you can take a look.

Besides that I think the rollover info is not clear. All the labels say 'Bypass...' but the Account details email option doesn't say bypass although in the rollover info it's saying it is NOT sending so it IS bypassing.

Is this happening on the front end, or only on the backend?

It seems like the email you are seeing is PLG_USER_JOOMLA_NEW_USER_EMAIL_BODY, which is only sent here:

https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/blob/staging/plugins/user/joomla/joomla.php#L100

... in the J! user plugin, in the onAfterUserSave event, and according to this line ...

https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/blob/staging/plugins/user/joomla/joomla.php#L111

... will only run on the backend, ie. when an admin is creating a user.

We can't stop the onAfterUserSave event from firing, as it gets fired by J! when we do the $user-save() to save the user object. And even if we could, we wouldn't want to, as all kinds of essential things happen on that event in other extensions and plugins.

So it looks like the only way to stop that email going out would be to disable J!'s user plugin from sending mail, with "Notification Mail to User" in the "User - Joomla!" plugin, which as the tooltip on that says:

"When an administrator creates a user account, this determines if an email, which has their username and password, is sent to the user"

We can't suppress that from within Fabrik.

-- hugh

Thnx for the quick reply.

It was indeed through backend. But this option is fine too. Checked and this worked.

Maybe an idea to put that in the rollover info block too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back