Full calendar does not display data

Hello,

I have updated Fabrik to the last version 3.5.2 from Github and my Joomla version is also up-to-date 3.6.5.

I have a list containing a lot of events that I would like to display using Fullcalendar. When I set the filter to all, no events are displaying. However, when I use the filter, I get some results.
I don't see a js error but a deprecation warning when I load the page and use the console of Chrome's developer tools (screenshot below).

no events.PNG

Can someone see into it please?

Thank you

Do you have a link?
Did you set any filter to be required (list settings or per element)?

I suspect may it may just be running out of memory / execution time.

When you load your list for the events, we're paginating, so we only load 10 (or whatever) records for display. The calendar, however, will attempt to load all rows, and you have several thousand rows. This is something I've looked at improving, as we might be able to constrain the lookup to the date range currently visible in the calendar, although that's not as simple as it sounds.

I tested this theory by setting a prefilter on your list #57, of "where id < 25", so it only returns a max of 25 rows. With that in place, the unfiltered even list works fine.

So ... long term solution is that someone funds the work to add the date range restrictions to the calendar viz (we're at the point in Fabrik where new features have to be funded, otherwise they just go in the queue and I work on them "when I have some time") ... short term solution is to make filtering required, to cut down the size of the the selection.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Thank you for coming back to me.
I have tried with the prefilter as you set it up and I still don't have events displayed.
Can you please let me know how much will you charge if I'm looking for the long term solution?

Well, as it happens, I spent a couple of hours on this yesterday. As of this commit ...

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/ec75e8a2f51a4de0b5cb1f0c346c3dd625ab3597

... we should now restrict the query in the event lookup to only the dates currently visible on the calendar, and refresh (via AJAX) when moving from month to month (or week, etc).

It definitely worked for me on your site when I artificially restricted the number of selectable rows with a prefilter, so I'm pretty sure your issue is just too many rows being selected. So I'm hoping this will fix it, assuming you don't have too many events in any given month - in which case you can increase your memory in PHP ini (memory_limit).

So try this, and let me know. If we can get this fixed, it'd be nice if you could contribute for an hour or so of my time.

-- hugh

Wonderful! Thank you very much. It is working almost perfectly.
However, when a row has repeatable elements, in this case, there are students who are in the same classroom, is it a way to display it only once? Please see screenshot below
calendar.png

I would like to contribute for an hour of your time. Please let me know how should I proceed?

Thank you

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back