Full calendar - end date

Hi guys,

By definition all my events are full day events. So I got that all fixed up with the AllDay field.

But I realized that the end date does not seem to behave correctly. If I have an event with startdate of "May 10" and an enddate of "May 23" I would expect the event bar to extend May 10 to May 23, but it stops on May 22nd. I have not found any way to make this work, so my solution for now was to add a dummy datetime column where I add 1 to the date and use that column as an element for the end date for the calendar. I can't use the actual end date as then it would be a day off.

upload_2017-5-9_15-37-34.png
Using the "taskenddate" element, I get this:
upload_2017-5-9_15-42-54.png

Using the "taskenddate_calendar" element, I get this:
upload_2017-5-9_15-44-16.png

According to the fullCalendar documentation the end date IS inclusive IF the event is an all-day event - see: https://fullcalendar.io/docs1/event_data/Event_Object

Is there any other way to solve this, than do what I did and use a "dummy" field to keep the end date + 1 in?

Best regards,
Arnor

Did you try to play with options like
allDayDefault
defaultAllDayEventDuration

or set a time >0

Last edited:
Hi Troester,

No, I did not - barely scratching the surface of fullCalendar. I did try to set the time of the enddate to 23:59:59 but that did not help. Setting it to enddate+1 and the time to 00:00:00 worked.

I will experiment with the fullCalendar properties and see if they help.

Best regards,
Arnor

barely scratching the surface of fullCalendar
me too;)

I can see the same issue with "allDay" events spanning more than one day: the last day is missing (no matter which time is set).
If "allDay" is off it's spanning correctly.

Hi Troester,

Yes, the only way I could find was to add a "calendar end date" column to the table and use that for the end date and add 1 to the date. And yes I also found that turning all-day off it worked correctly and showed the end date/time on the correct date/time as expected. While my solution works for me as I'm in charge of the programming and DBA etc. it would not work for users accessing databases where they do not have dba access to in order to add a new date field. So it might be proper to have an option in Fabrik to add that extra day on all-day events if there is no option in fullCalendar to change it.

Best regards,
Arnor

OK, despite what the documentation on the Event Object says, Full Calendar apparently switched to exclusive end dates for all day events a while back, to make it more consistent, and for compatibility with other calendaring apps like iCal.

So as of this commit:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/0f1565c6cd664e98b5882e3f34f5c33f33d8aa44

... we're now adding a day to the end date for all day events.

Most of the changes in that commit are code style, it's really just a few extra lines of code around line 531.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back