• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Gap between template and pdf output - fabrik install screwed up?

Hi,
I was updating my template which was fine so far and suddenly, all layout/font/character changed to something weird.
I of course tried to undo changes without success.
For some time ( 10 min ) , the form was "not published" goind through the public website, where I was abel to access it from the admin , submitting news entries without problems.
1 - What I did wrong or what happened ? did I submitted too much entries as I was testing ?
2 - linked maybe to point 1 , how can I get back my form properly ?

Attached : default.php of the template & pdf output

thx !

Attachments

• default - Copy.php.txt
    19.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Joomla-Administration-1.pdf
    549.1 KB · Views: 5
Hi, I'm adding a strange behavior that I haven I think, since this issue.
The form I'm using is mentionned as "not published" when accessed via the front-end.
BUT it is published ( name is : 'inscriptions au club').
I checked and I can use the form from the admin side, changing / submitting etc....
I tried to switch back to bootstrap template, same results....( attached )
what did I do wrong or was there an issue at some point ?

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 10
  • bootstrap.pdf
    25 KB · Views: 6
  • form_not_published.jpg
    form_not_published.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 8
Just a reminder that response time in Standard is 3 working days. We are usually quicker than that, but sometimes it'll be 3 days.

For the PDF formatting issue, can you look in ...

libraries/fabrik/vendor/dompdf/dompdf/lib/fonts

... and see if you have a file called dompdf_font_family_cache.php. You'll have one called dompdf_font_family_cache.dist.php (with the 'dist' in the path), but the one you are looking for is without 'dist'. If so, delete it, and try a PDF again.

-- hugh

Cool. Note that it'll probably recreate itself, but that's OK. The problem was, that file gets created (if it doesn't exist) by DOMPDF when it builds documents, with information about your font library (in case you want to add custom fonts). I had accidentally committed the copy from my test server, which was built on Windows, and had \ in the file paths, which meant that folk running on Linux got bitten.

I've removed that copy from github, but anyone who had updated from github or installed 3.8.1 had the broken file, which has to be deleted manually.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back