1. We apologize for the slow support at the moment. Hugh (cheesegrits) is scheduled for some major back surgery this month to repair two ruptured discs which are severely hampering his ability to work, and one of our stalwart community support members is on vacation for the month. Please bear with us.

General Questions regarding SVN Updates

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by nbradshaw, Jan 6, 2010.

1. nbradshaw Member

Level: Standard
    I have been performing SVN updates on my site since the early days of Fabrik 2 (pre SVN 1000). I am about to upgrade from SVN 2055 to the latest SVN.

I have never upgraded using the RC1 or RC2 code - only SVNs - and I am concerned that if there were any DB schema changes along the way - I want to ensure that I have those in place - and only performing SVN updates wont correct that issue.

Do you feel like performing SVN updates alone is the correct path?
    Or should I update to the latest RC, then perform SVN updates?

Many thanks!
  2. rob Administrator

Level: Community
    There have been no db schema changes for a long time, so updating the SVN is fine.
    The only semi recent (20th feb 2009) thing I can think of is that we have added a table for logging.
    You can always do a diff between your current installs
    /administrator/components/com_fabrik/installation/queries.sql and that found in the SVN to see if there are any changes
    in addition keep an eye on the code announcements board (http://fabrikar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92) as its here where we post any info about changes to fabrik that might effect existing installations: