• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Google Maps Element

... except, you also have "This site overrides Array.from() with an implementation that doesn't support iterables, which could cause Google Maps JavaScript API v3 to not work correctly."
Now, this could (could! = I'm not the one to confirm) be down to an incompatibility of Google Maps API v3 and Mootools (and generate the API warning). In that case, it would involve Fabrik, indeed. However, Fabrik relies on Mootools...

Is there a MooTools version issue? Is that something I could update? (Need to buy a Java for dummies book) :)

I don't think it's template based, switched to ProStar and receiving the same issues.
Well, with Protostar you don't have the warning about
Code:
https://fishnsgb.com/templates/etfishing/css/bootstrap.min.css.map
anymore, of course. That's clearly a template thing (only look at the URL), but as said before, not affecting the map anyway.

As for Mootools, nope, you don't want to simply "update something". (BTW, it's Javascript. That and Java are two very different things. ;))
Anyway, google the Array.from() error, and you'll find plenty of pointers to the mentioned incompatibility, even in the J! issue tracker.

But... do you really need the satellite view? Street view is working fine...

It's for mapping fish caught in the bay/river. With satelite, it's easier to find where you were with your boat..., i.e., by the clump of tree's, etc.

You say it was working before with satellite and stopped suddenly?

On my test site satellite is working in details view if "Use static map" is set to static

an older version
No, I can see the same with Fabrik3.9.2 /php7.3
If it WAS working before (I don't know, I didn't use satellite) Google may have changed something recently (e.g. not longer accepting some v2 access or so).

media\com_fabrik\js\fabrik.js around line 238 (minified version in dist/fabrik.js; with Fabrik debug=debug JS it's loading the normal one)

I just tested and it's working!!

v=quarterly is ok, too.
So
3.45 (=3.45.8b = quarterly) is running
3.46 (3.46.6 = weekly = default) is not

But I don't know if this is a backward compatibility issue with Fabrik or a bug in Google.
Time until mid november to observe...

Last edited:
So minimal ver from dist/fabrik.js should look like this:
return this.eventResults=[],i&&i[e]&&(t=Array.mfrom(t),i[e].each(function(e){o?this.eventResults.push(e.delay(o,this,t)):this.eventResults.push(e.apply(this,t))},this)),this},u.requestQueue=new t,u.cbQueue={google:[]},u.loadGoogleMap=function(e,t,o){var i=("https:"===document.location.protocol?"https:":"http:")+"//maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?v=3.45&js?libraries=places,visualization&callback=Fabrik.mapCb"

And regular version from media\com_fabrik\js\fabrik.js should look like:
var src = prefix + '//maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?v=3.45&js?libraries=places,visualization&callback=Fabrik.mapCb';

If so, which it's probably not, because I no nothing of coding, it's not working...

//maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?v=3.45&js?libraries=places,visualization&callback=Fabrik.mapCb"
If this is really your minified code then there's some js? to much

Hi,

I had the same problem. I've patched the js files and it works now. But it does not look like a solid solution. Shouldn't we add a parameter to choose the version in the general fabrik options near the API key ?

Indeed. I've dig also this way trying to alter mootools.core.js without any success...
Mootools is no longer used by Joomla. Do you know if Fabrik plans to leave this framework too ?...

Hi there,

Sorry to dig out this old post. But the running version of the API (3.45) is no longer supported since May. So it's defaulted back to the most recent version.
Hence, satellite view is no longer working. I tried to hack with an older yet supported version of the API but it still produces an error on Sat view.
Is someone found a way to turnaround ? I guess it is a js problem by the way of constructing the query ?.... Any idea ?

Thanks

I guess it is a js problem by the way of constructing the query ?
I don't think so. The map type is only an option, not in the URL.
I think it's something Google is doing on runtime. It's working for Roadmap and Terrain, if you are starting with Satellite you can even see the satellite map showing up shortly.
I tried to debug, Google is using Array.from, so running the function overridden by mootools... (you can also see the warning in the console).
I assume in case of Satellite/Hybrid this is the issue. But no idea how to fix or bypass it.

Edit:
Satellite is working again if you replace all Array.from with e.g Array.mofrom in
\media\system\js\mootools-core.js and
\media\system\js\mootools-more.js
but I don't know if this has side effects (e.g. other plugins relying on mootools)

A similar hack is already done in media\com_fabrik\js\mootools-ext.js

Last edited:
@troester : thanks for this follow up and solution. Indeed, I saw the warning but didn't think it was the real source of the problem. Glad it works with this hack. So far, I did not notice any side effect on our site.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back