1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

Googlemap [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Community' started by nofc_fro, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nofc_fro

nofc_fro Member

Level: Professional
    I created a "Contacts" list with the fields:
    ID, name, phone, address, location (googlemap plugin).
    I have applied the filters to the "name" field.

I would like to insert a Google map with the placeholders of all the contacts and that, by applying the filters, remove the placeholders that have been filtered.
    Therefore, filtering the results also filters the placeholders on the map.
    How can I do?

2. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Community
    So do you mean you want a list view, with a map either above or below it that shows the same filtered selection as the list?

If so, then create a googlemap viz based on that list, and insert a {fabrik view=visualization id=X} content plugin string into either the intro or outro of the list. Make sure you enable Joomla plugins in the list settings.

-- hugh

3. nofc_fro

nofc_fro Member

Level: Professional
    Fabrik Element - Google Map and Fabrik Visualization - Google Map are activated, I go to "Visualization", I create the view, Plug-in > googlemap, List > contact. But the map does not appear near the list :)
    Then, where should I enter your code {fabrik view = visualization id = X}? Should I replace something with X?
    Thank you

4. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

Level: Community
    X is the id of your visualization.
    Enter
    {fabrik view=visualization id=X} (make sure that there are no spaces around =, no formatting inside {} etc)
    in the list's "Introduction" or "Footer text"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.