Group with 2 Columns - new group.php

You are right:
the labels-above template displays the error message as tooltip + text (and has -compared with the default template- some "tip" code missing).
Additionally the error image (small triangle) is shifting the input field one pixel.

Work around (until this is fixed):
in labels-above/default_group.php delete lines 21-24 (those displaying the error text below the input field)

Add
.fabrikErrorMessage .fabrikTip img {margin-top:-1px}
to custom_css.php

So if I apply those changes, will that fix the issue, or will it still need additional tip code?

-- hugh

1) i fixed "first column width is always 44% regardless group setting" by changing file group.php, line 212 :
FROM
$w = JArrayHelper::getValue($widths, $elCount % $colcount +1 , $w);
TO
$w = JArrayHelper::getValue($widths, $elCount % $colcount , $w);

I've applied this change in github.

-- hugh

Thanks cheesegrits for applying the change in github.

About post #21, because I like error message displayed under input, i fixed my CSS error message problem in labels-above by adding ?min-height: 68px;? in file components\com_fabrik\views\form\tmpl\labels-above\template_css.php, after line 127

Troester in post #18 is right about
1. image shift 1px (because of joomla default css)
2. missing tip code

I've re-changed this code addition as it was not correct. It inverted the column width ordering, so if you had two column widths "66%,30%" the first column would be set to be 30% width and not 66%

Ok for width.

BUT labels-above tmpl, elements alignment problem with validation error message is still there (post #13). My solution in post #23

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back