Groups in Fabrikar - How to?

ahmedo

I think what I want can be done using Fabrikar Groups. But there is little information about it. The tutorial is almost 10 years old. The documentation in Wiki did not help (my fault probably).

Here is what I have now.

I have a list called Sales Leads Main. There I add the Lead Name, Date, Source and Potential Value.

I have another list called Lead Activities. There, I have Leads Name (databasejoin with the above), Activity Type (email, call, visit..), Activity Date.

Currently, I have two separate forms for both of the above. I first open the Sales Leads Main form and add the lead data. Close the form, then go to the Leads Activities form and I add the activity data. Every time I have another activity I just add it to that form.

That works, but I know it is not the best option.

What I want to be able to do is to edit a Sales Lead Main record, and add the activities there as they will be repeated. I do not want to open two forms or even two lists.

I think this is where Groups can come handy. Am I right?

I would be extremely grateful if anyone can create a quick video tutorial that shows this or just show step by step how to do the above or similar.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks. Close to understanding it. The tutorials is quite hard to follow due mainly to the old interface and naming convention. However, I got the gist of it. I tried to replicate it. Halfway, things went south. Will have another go at it. However, I have a question, I already have an existing data, where there is already more than 100 Leads and an average of 5 activities per Lead. What will happen to the existing lists data? Thanks.

I managed to get the hang of it, and understood how it works. Small teething problems. For example, based on the tutorial, what if I just wanteed to add classes from the front end, without having the name of the students appear?

Edit the group classes-[students], in "Repeat" tab set "Repeat minimum"=0
Amazing. The thoughts that went into this Fabrik platform mind-boggling. The more I explore, the more I have questions, the more I get answers, the more I am amazed.

Thank you very much.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back