handling form plugin from form in modal window

skyrun

on a list, i have a button (add using template) that loads a fabrik form in a modal box:

View attachment 17423
you can see the url above if you have access to testlocation.skyrun.com/skytrax.

working great so far...

when i press 'create' i use a php form plugin that copies the template into a new row which of course know the id of. (this works too).

but then i would like for that row to open up on the main browser window in place of the modal and prior page (ie, be redirected to: skytrax-manage/work-orders/form/180/[new_id_here]).

but i can't seem to figure out how to make the form in the modal redirect.

here what i have tried in the php form plugin onAfterProcess:
  • PHP:
      echo "<script>window.location = 'skytrax-manage/work-orders/form/180/".$newwoid."';</script>";
      exit;
    this gives a json error: SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0 . this is because the form, when run in a modal window, is expecting JSON to be output by the form.... so i tried to create some for it and tried this:

• PHP:
    echo '{"msg":"Work Order Created from Template {add_work_order_using_template___template}","url":"skytrax-manage\/work-orders\/form\/180\/'.$newwoid.'","baseRedirect":true,"rowid":"'.$newwoid.'","suppressMsg":false}';
    exit;
    this shows the screen below with the message, but doesn't redirect after i press 'ok'. it removes the modal, but is on the same list as when i launched the modal.
View attachment 17425

what would i need to do in order to redirect to skytrax-manage/work-orders/form/180/[new_id_here]. is there a 'redirectURL' parameter (or documentation on what parameters there are?)

Last edited:
Trying to open that page, but I'm getting:

Warning: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (user). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php70) in /xxx/xxx/test/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 830

i'm not getting that of course.
you have to be logged on, are you logging on using the 'hugh' userid?

I'm back from vacation.

I can now login, but having problems finding the page. if I try the URL from your first image (/new-work-order) I get a 404. If I use the "Work Order V2" menu link, I get a list with that "Create from template" button, but it opens in a new tab, not a popup.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back