• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Handling Tiered Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

bespokeappstt

Hubstaff freelancer
Here is a sample of a list called Rentals that I have:
upload_2021-10-17_21-10-28.png

The user role that 'Edits' this list has to edit the Serial Number element and the Actual Date In Element at different times and it's causing an issue. The Serial Number will be entered in first, then some time will pass and the Actual Date In has to be entered. The Serial Number is a database join on another list called Serial Assets. Serial Assets have an Available element, a dropdown(yes/no). When Serial Numbers are added to the Rental list, using a php-calc plugin on the Rental list the Availability is toggled to no in the Serial Assets list. When set to no you won't see it and can't add it to this list which is the Rental. This is because in the database join for the Serial Number I have a 'join where specified' as shown below, yes=1 and no=0
upload_2021-10-17_21-37-19.png

This works fine when adding new serials to the Rental list as serials cannot be entered twice. However, when its time to add an 'Actual Date In',(later down the road) the Serial Number information is disappears. How can I get the serial number to be permanent while I edit the 'Actual Date In' alone? If I have to do a video on this one I will, its quite a mouthful to explain. If anything requires clarification I will clarify.

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-17_21-21-31.png
    upload_2021-10-17_21-21-31.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 36
  • upload_2021-10-17_21-21-53.png
    upload_2021-10-17_21-21-53.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 40
It seems you need to modify the WHERE clause so it would also show currently selected value in addition to available ones. So something like this:

Code:
WHERE {thistable}.id IN (SELECT id FROM your-dbjoin-table WHERE id = "{your-current-table___serial-no-field_raw}") OR {thistable}.available = 1

Last edited:
This is what I decided to use:
upload_2021-10-18_10-11-46.png

So when doing a test I start off with this, as you can see the serial numbers are there but no Actual Date In:
upload_2021-10-18_10-14-24.png

When I enter the actual date this is what happens:
upload_2021-10-18_10-15-48.png

The serial disappear. Did I enter something wrong in the where clause?

Did you read my post?

Maybe I misunderstood something, but you are using basically the same solution than before, so the results are obviously the same.
This is what I decided to use:

EDIT: I now reliazed you have serial number in a repeat group, so you may need to adjust the Where clause in my post to refer to the repeat table and use parent_id instead of id.

I am a bit confused. Your post recommended one of two solutions. They were:
Code:
WHERE {thistable}.id IN (SELECT id FROM your-dbjoin-table WHERE id = "{your-current-table___serial-no-field_raw}")
or
Code:
WHERE {thistable}.available = 1

I chose to implement the second one. How do I refer to the repeat table? Do I use:
Code:
where rad_rentals_repeat_serial.parent_id={thistable}.id and {thistable].available=1

Sorry, I must improve my habit to quote the code properly :). You need to use the whole clause including the "OR" part. So something like:
Code:
WHERE {thistable}.id IN (SELECT id FROM your-dbjoin-table WHERE id = "{your-REPEAT_TABLE___serial-no-field_raw}") OR {thistable}.available = 1

P.S. I'm quite bad at writing code or queries without actually seeing the real site.

Running SQL-queries in PhpMyAdmin can most certainly affect a lot depending on the queries you run of course.

Just noticed you have a SQL-syntax error in list header flashing for a second in the video. These kind of thing are the first to focus on.

If you remove the WHERE clause FROM serial element does it work then (no error message and the selected serial numbers get saved correctly)?

If the SQL error remains after removing the WHERE clause, you need to look elsewhere. If you have some other calc elements, disable them and see if the error disappears etc.

Your video is showing a multi-select serial number (is it a dbjoin multi or a dropdown multi?), you didn't mention this before.
id="{...serial_raw}" won't do in this case, you'll need some id IN.
I can't see a quick solution how to get the serialnumber array into there, maybe with one more subquery running against the parent_id or an additional calc element...)

@troester, good point as always. {rad_rentals_repeat_serial___serial_raw} is an array in that case and won't work in WHERE clause. If it's a databasejoin element rendered as multiselect, then something like that should do:

Code:
WHERE {thistable}.id IN (SELECT a.id FROM rad_serial_assets AS a
LEFT JOIN rad_rentals_repeat_serials AS b ON a.id = b.serial
WHERE b.parent_id = "{your-table-name-where-the-current-element-is___id_raw}") OR {thistable}.available = 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back