Hide Element in Form Based on Class

altnetwork

In an element under the "List View Setting / Filters" there is an option for class. In this option there are options like:

Visible
Visible Phone
Visible Tablet
Visible Desktop
Hidden Phone
Hidden Tablet
Hidden Desktop

What I am looking for is to have an element in a form to be hidden for phones but visible for everything else like in the List View.

Can this be done and if so how?

Thanks

You can do it manually with a mediaquery in custom CSS:

in custom_css.php in your form template
@media (max-width: 767px)
{
.fb_el_table___element {display:none!important}
}

in details template
{
.fb_el_table___element_ro {display:none!important}
}

Sorry, confused.

1.) I am using this for the form template. - I understand this...

So, I use the custom_css.php and add the following:

{
.table___element {display:none!important}
}

Is this correct? Can you break down what each part does?

2.) I wish to use the "Hidden Phone" class. How is this applied to the coding?

You can do it manually with a mediaquery in custom CSS:

in custom_css.php in your form template
{
}

{
}

This is not using the "Hidden Phone" class (you would have to create a custom template and add the class manually) but it's defining CSS for the element container class to act like the .hidden-phone

you must keep
.fb_el_
and replace table___element with your full element name

Sorry, a little more confused.

"(you would have to create a custom template and add the class manually)" - Is it not the purpose of the custom_css.php to define the CSS for the template I am using now?

Also, where does the .hibben-phone come in place?

{
}

This is not using the "Hidden Phone" class (you would have to create a custom template and add the class manually) but it's defining CSS for the element container class to act like the .hidden-phone

you must keep
.fb_el_
and replace table___element with your full element name

What @troester means is that if you wanted to use the hidden-phone class itself, you would have to use a custom template and add it to each element.

In the list display, we add the responsive classes deep inside the list model code (using a layout, so the class names themselves can be overridden for different frameworks).

In form/details views, we just don't add that class, as we don't (yet) have a built in concept of hiding certain elements according to display device / size.

But the solution Troester is offering using custom CSS does exactly the same thing. It should hide an element when display size is under 767px.

-- hugh

Thank you very much. This worked great. Copied the default temple and added the following to the custom_css.php:

{
}

You don't need to use a copy of the template. You can just use that custom_css.php in the out-of-box one. It won't get overwritten by us.

Won't hurt to use a copy, and maybe you have other version of that form (hence with same class names) that you don't want that CSS applied to. But unless you have a specific need for a custom template, it's not required to use custom_css.php.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back