Hiding rows for specific users

Hello,

I want to be able to hide or show rows for specific users knowing that each user sees his data and, or the data of the group he belongs to. Ideally, it would be to add a checkbox (active/inactive) to the form allowing this, or a button at the end of the row. Any directions on how I can do it will be highly appreciated.
I'm using Fabrik 3.9.2, Joomla 3.9.20 and PHP 7.3.21

Thank you

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

I looked into the access element. My issue is that the task will have to be managed from the front-end, and the access element does not give the possibility to the staff to act accordingly. Per default, users belonging to a specific group can see their rows. The staff should be able to untick or tick the view level when needed from the front-end, and the access level doesn't allow it. The list is already prefiltered as follows:

upload_2020-8-19_17-19-19.png

Is it not a problem to add a third filter? Any other helpful suggestions?

Hi, not entirely sure about your ultimate goal, but access element is for use on front-end. You just add the element to your form and you can select the access level per every row/record.

And then you can add list-prefilter like in the wiki link above.

If nessecary, you can have several access element and pre-filters.

Hi,

When I add the access element to the form, I got the following error message
"Cannot use object of type stdClass as array"

So, I have added the view level element instead with the pre-filter below. I don't have any error message now when I open the form. However, the filter doesn't do anything when I select the view access level. Any idea why?

upload_2020-8-20_17-59-3.png

Last edited:
No idea. Remove other two filters for testing, then add &fabrikdebug=1 to your url and see what the list query "where" part looks like.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your guidance. I found out that it was a cache issue. For my knowledge, can you please tell me what the difference between the access element plugin and view level access plugin is?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back