hierarchy tables with Fabrik

samani

hi.
i have 20 user in 20 state.he can create number of user in their city's state.
each of user in city can create only 3 user in the each school of villages of that city.and each of user can see or edit profile of their lower hierarchy.for example in the picture user1 can see profile of user3,4,5,6,7,8 but he can not see user2,9 or lower their hierarchy.
what is the solution for :
1-possible user create other user?(if i right say,must use fabrik user form plugin)
2-(important) set access level for hierarchy user?
3-limit user in city to create only 3 user with same school name in the village and user in village can't create new user?

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 36
I think this might be possible, but would require some custom coding. At the minimum, it would require a 'canedit' plugin to figure out which profiles a given user can edit, and a form PHP plugin (onload) to figure out if they've reached the maximum they are allowed to create.

I'm not sure about 2, I don't know if you are talking about J! access levels? If so, that would require more custom code, to create and add users to groups, and groups to access levels.

This is really outside the scope of subscription support. I can advise, but can't do the coding for you as part of a subscription.

-- hugh

I'm not sure about 2, I don't know if you are talking about J! access levels? If so, that would require more custom code, to create and add users to groups, and groups to access levels.
can you more describe about this problem?
for example we can use:
A)for create group something such as:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11098960/how-to-create-joomla-user-group-in-joomla-2-5
or
https://joomla.stackexchange.com/questions/17606/how-to-create-user-group-programmatically
B)for add user to group something such as:
<?php
$group_id = 99;
$user_id = 999;
jimport( 'joomla.user.helper' );
JUserHelper::addUserToGroup($user_id, $group_id);
?>
C) and for J! acl perhaps something such as CB can we use...
maybe we can use CB api for rest,what is your idea?
what is the hard part for implement ?

This is really outside the scope of subscription support. I can advise, but can't do the coding for you as part of a subscription.
your mean need to upgrade my subscription or it is maybe can not to be implement at all?because i want reply to my customer's proposal and need to know is it possible to implement or not or i need more work on this to know it is possible or not.are you need to more detail about this?i guess , implement of this scenario easier from thing your imagine...
thank you...

Last edited:
I can solve this post and you can ignore this post(use limit form plugin):
my scenario is little change and i want to know your idea about that:
we need add some limitation for create account for each user...(i check the limit form plugin but can not to run that correctlly)
superuser can give to State's moderator for example 100 limitation for create the City's moderator, and State moderator can give limitation to each City's moderator for example 120 or different limitation for create village's user and finish,means the village user can not create account.we don't need to create joomla group for each village and them can in his City.
if you see this topic will be complex we can break this topic to some other...
thank you hugh and please help and advise me...

Last edited:
As Hugh mentionned above, this is really a customised application and it would required custom coding that is outside of forum support.

what is the exact place of problematic section? maybe we can surrender about that section...
thank you and this is important work for me...

it seems i need to have only 4 ACL
|-Registered(for village)
|--CityModerator
|---StateModerator
|-superadmin

The issue is that I don't know, off the top of my head, how much work is involved in doing this. I'm sure it can be done, but without sitting down and actually doing a full assessment, including coding some of it up to test feasibility of different approaches, I'm not sure how hard it would be. This is the kind of thing I would usually be doing for my own clients, where time spent doing that kind of in depth specification is included in the cost of the project (or is worth doing on spec, to get the work, if it's a large project). It's not something I can do on behalf of someone else, for their client proposals, for a $20 monthly sub.

If I had to guess, I'd say about half a days work for me to code up and test all the group management stuff for creating users, and the canedit stuff for permissions. That's not a formal quote, just a rough guess based on intuition and my experience with Fabrik.

-- hugh

I'd need to see the full project spec, and spend some time discussing it with you.

Do you have a full requirements spec?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back