1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

How to adapt the CSS settings to solve the problem of Dompdf couldn't rendering float and boxes

Discussion in 'Community' started by bluetoothbj, Jul 10, 2019.

1. bluetoothbj

bluetoothbj Member

Level: Community
    "Dompdf has issues in rendering e.g. float and boxes, in a custom template you can adapt the CSS settings to your needs". Could someone give a example code for reference?
    Thanks!

2. startpoint

startpoint Active Member

Change your float design to table design or use inline css with div containers.

3. bluetoothbj

bluetoothbj Member

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  4. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Did you try the MPDF engine? The two PDF engines have different strengths and weaknesses.

-- hugh

5. bluetoothbj

bluetoothbj Member

Thanks.I tried mpdf but still only one column. Also couldn't show Chinese language. How to set language for mpdf?
    Some topic said
    def("DOMPDF_ENABLE_CSS_FLOAT", true) in dompdf_config.inc.php could solve the problem.But where is dompdf_config.inc.php in dompdf folder. I didn't find it.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  6. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

That's for an old version of DOMPDF. As of 0.7, they no longer use dompdf_config.inc.php. All config options have to be set at runtime. Which makes it hard for something like Fabrik to allow you to tweak config options, as we'd have to provide a cofigurable setting in our PDF options, and have lines of code to set those. So at the moment ... there isn't a way to do it. Not that I'm convinced it would work anyway.

-- hugh