how to backup and remove fabrik for re-install?

rw1

hello,

i had some errors (http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24354) that i couldn't fix and have just removed fabrik in order to do a re-install.

i did this once before hoping it would solve these errors but they were still there.

so this time i want to make sure i have removed everything so there are no configuration options left over that effect the new install.

the steps below are the steps i have just completed.

can anyone please confirm or add to this list of steps to backup and then completely remove fabrik?

do a full site back up
download any custom form templates from /public_html/components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl
do a 'sql' and 'csv for ms excel' dump of:
- your whole database
- the individual fabrik database tables (ie all with prefix 'fabrik')
- the database tables you set up in fabrik
take full page screenshots of your admin area:
- lists
- groups
- forms
- elements
- visualisations
and front end screenshots of your forms and all their pages
and screenshots of your menu items that link to your forms
go to joomla extension manager > fabrik component > uninstall (this deletes all fabrik tables in database)
go to joomla extension manager > search for 'fabrik' and check all items > uninstall
delete all database tables that you set up through fabrik
clear cache, purge expired cache.

when i tried to uninstall all fabrik plugins in the process above i got these errors:

Failed deleting langauge
Failed to delete /home/******/public_html/plugins/fabrik_visualization/kaltura/langauge
Failed deleting admingcalsync.js
Failed to delete /home/******/public_html/plugins/fabrik_cron/gcalsync/admingcalsync.js
Failed deleting admingeocode.js
Failed to delete /home/******/public_html/plugins/fabrik_cron/geocode/admingeocode.js
Failed deleting language
Failed to delete /home/******/public_html/plugins/fabrik_cron/rest/language
Failed deleting fields
Failed to delete /home/******/public_html/plugins/fabrik_element/fbcomment/fields
Failed deleting slider-js.js
Failed to delete /home/******/public_html/plugins/fabrik_element/slider/slider-js.js
Failed deleting en-GB.plg_fabrik_form_clone.ini
Failed to delete /home/******/public_html/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_fabrik_form_clone.ini
Failed deleting fabrikvbforum.php
Failed to delete /home/******/public_html/plugins/fabrik_form/vbforum/fabrikvbforum.php

and when i did a search for 'fabrik' in root directory there were some folders and files that were still there:

/public_html/plugins/fabrik_validationrule
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_validationrule/fabrik_validationrule
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_validationrule/fabrik_validationrule/language/fr-FR/fr-FR.plg_fabrik_validationrule_specialchars.ini
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_validationrule/askimet/language/fr-FR/fr-FR.plg_fabrik_validationrule_akismet.ini
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_validationrule/example/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_fabrik_validationrule_example.ini
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_element
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_list
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_form
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_cron
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_visualization
/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_fabrik
/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_fabrik/fbk.fabrik.xml
/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_fabrik/fbk.fabrik.php
/public_html/media/com_fabrik
/public_html/logs/fabrik.log.php
/public_html/administrator/libraries/joomla/document/fabrikfeed
/public_html/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_fabrik_visualization_calendar.ini
/public_html/templates/realestate/html/com_fabrik
/public_html/fabrik_build

An uninstall is a valid question and something I haven't looked at yet with Fab 3.x.

I'm not sure what impact github and release levels have with the uninstall script and if indeed the script if fully up to date at the moment.

Your procedure seems to cover most items but I always find from experience there is always at least one item missed!!!

Personally I would install a fresh copy in parallel allowing you to access both editions using one as a reference. If you don't have access to a test or development server you can always install into a subdirectory.

So if you have www.adomain.com simply create a subdirectory called test. Then you can have a seperate Joomla\Fabrik installation in www.adomain.com\test

Ideally your host, (if this is remote), allows you to have more than one mysql database so you can keep it isolated. If not you can put them in the same database with different table prefix names.... however I wouldn't recommend it... it does get confusing.

As per your original problem though. I believe there may be a bug relating to table joins but I can't work out whether this would cause your issue or not from what you have written.

All joins listed in the fabrik_joins table, (in the backend), relate to table joins or element database joins, this also includes the user element which also does a join. Previously, in an extreme case, I cleared this table and proceeded byt re-saving all database \ user elements and then re-creating the table joins. Maybe worth a go before starting afresh? As always though backup before you do anything.

just an update on trying to do a completely clean re-install, after uninstall i still have these files in root:

.gitignore
build.xml
build_config.ini
build_js.xml
build_one_js.xml
build_updateserver_xml.xml
README.md

maybe they could have a prefix 'fabrik' before them in future versions so they would be easier to identiy? or be included in uninstall?

As per your original problem though. I believe there may be a bug relating to table joins but I can't work out whether this would cause your issue or not from what you have written.
I couldn't believe it but when i uninstalled a component called com_extensions (a nooku related component that is installed with com_ohanah) that error went away!

Glad you got that one sorted...

As per your previous post, the files you speak of are only ever included as part of the github process. So theoretically they are not actually installed as such, only copied to the server when you update the files. So as far as Joomla and \ or Fabrik are concerned, they don't actually exist.

I guess the uninstall script could do a 'if these files exist then remove them', but as they are not a part of the install script it does add to the maintenance of the scripts. ;)

You can always delete those files, they are only needed for a specific purpose as i found out here.

http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22086&page=2

As per your previous post, the files you speak of are only ever included as part of the github process. So theoretically they are not actually installed as such, only copied to the server when you update the files. So as far as Joomla and \ or Fabrik are concerned, they don't actually exist.
Thanks for your reply.

For the sake of being thorough, does this also include the other files i mentioned above - do these also fall out of the territory of the uninstaller (where is the uninstaller script by the way - i'd love to look at it!):

/public_html/plugins/fabrik_validationrule
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_validationrule/fabrik_validationrule
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_validationrule/fabrik_validationrule/language/fr-FR/fr-FR.plg_fabrik_validationrule_specialchars.ini
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_validationrule/askimet/language/fr-FR/fr-FR.plg_fabrik_validationrule_akismet.ini
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_validationrule/example/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_fabrik_validationrule_example.ini
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_element
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_list
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_form
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_cron
/public_html/plugins/fabrik_visualization
/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_fabrik
/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_fabrik/fbk.fabrik.xml
/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_fabrik/fbk.fabrik.php
/public_html/media/com_fabrik
/public_html/logs/fabrik.log.php
/public_html/administrator/libraries/joomla/document/fabrikfeed
/public_html/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_fabrik_visualization_calendar.ini
/public_html/templates/realestate/html/com_fabrik
/public_html/fabrik_build

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back