• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

How to filter Joomla categories and capture Full text in the Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnyjey

This is my first question and the reason to join Fabrik.

I have Fabrik form where I would like auto-populate the Full text of the Joomla article in TEXT area field. Is this possible ?

We have Wiki like information available in Multiple Joomla Articles under Main and its Subcategories. When Fabrik form loads, it should provide Cascading options to filter Categories and Subcategories and choose Title of Article. After selection of Title, the Text area should auto populate the Full Text of the selected Article.

I have been trying to achieve this since last week. Had gone through multiple thread in forum. Tried Cascading and Join database fields. But due to limited knowledge of PHP and Javascript, I couldn't achieve.

Would really appreciate if someone walks through with me and guide me. Thank you in advance.

Friendly bump.

I'm sorry, I know hugh is on vacation after long time and finding difficult to access forum. But, I have been desperately waiting for the reply as my whole Project depends on this. I have been checking this forum almost every 2 hours for any answers.

Need some guidelines so that I can initiate my project.

.the textarea should auto populate...'
Do you only want to display the full text or do you want to edit and save (overriding the Joomla article or saving in some other DB table)?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

Thank you for replying.

Yes, I want to display the full text, edit and save it in DB table of the current Fabrik form. I don't want to alter primary Joomla Article after saving form.

Sorry, I got caught up in Hurricane Irma, when I went to retrieve my dogs from where they'd been staying while I was in the UK. Got stuck on the road for a couple of days. Had my laptop, but limited Internet and sketchy power.

Do you need the text to populate 'live' on the page as the user makes the selection, or is it good enough to populate it on the server side during form submission?

Do you have your category joins working? The problem there is that Joomla's content table uses the "nested set" structure, which doesn't lend itself to our join / cascading dropdown approach.

-- hugh

Oh! I hope everything is fine at your end.

Yes, I want to populate the text (article content) live in the text area (html) field of Fabrik as the user makes the selection, so that they edit/alter the populated text and store their version of article in the Fabrik DB.

No, I haven't tried whether Joomla category joins.

What would be the best way to populate basic preformatted HTML Text from database into TEXT field of Fabrik, so that they can edit and store within same form DB after SAVE.

If Joomla content tables do not provide 'nested set', then I can create one more Fabrik form to store the HTML information content under Categories / Subcategories filter of Fabrik DB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back