1. Hugh (cheesegrits) here. Thank you for all the good wishes. My back surgery was a success, post-op recovery is going well, and I'm getting stronger and feeling better every day. I hope to be getting back in the saddle and working support again over the next few days.
  2. IMPORTANT NOTE - we have made some changes in our github branch naming. The 'master' branch no longer exists, and is now called 'joomla25' (which is Fabrik 3.0). The 'joomla3' branch (which is Fabrik 3.2) remains unchanged. We have also removed all the other testing branches which had accuulated over the last few years. I have posted a thread in the Community forum for 3.0 with some more information, feel free to as questions there.

How to hide group repeater

Discussion in 'Fabrik 3.x Testing' started by jr@omnipotent.com.au, Mar 23, 2012.

1. jr@omnipotent.com.au Member

Level: Community
    RESOLVED How to hide group repeater

I want to hide the group repeater if a record is being edited (rather than inserted).
    I'm trying the following javascript on the id element when onload, but can't get it to work:

Code (text):
    if (this.get('value') > 0) {
      document.getElement('.fabrikGroupRepeater').hide()
    }
    The code works if I remove the if condition.
  2. cheesegrits Support Gopher

I have a feeling that 'onload', the 'this' object may not refer to the element.

Try ...

PHP:
    if ($('yourtable___id').value != "") {
        document.getElements('.fabrikGroupRepeater').hide();
    }
    Obviously replace yourtable___id with the full element name of your id element.

Also note getElements, plural.

-- hugh
  3. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Also, note I'm comparing against the empty string using !+, rather than doing a numeric > comparison with 0.

That's because on a new row, the id element will have a blank value (empty string), not a 0. And trying to do a numeric comparison against a non-number will cause JS to pitch a NaN error ("Not a Number").

And irritatingly enough, neither parseInt() or toInt() will cast an empty string to a 0.

-- hugh
  4. jr@omnipotent.com.au Member

Thanks for that Hugh :)

Here's the working code:

Code (text):
    if ($('Booking___id').value != 'null') {
    }
  5. jr@omnipotent.com.au Member

Actually 'null' is not working... could have sworn it did.
  6. jr@omnipotent.com.au Member

I still can't get condition part of this code working.
    I'm wondering if the element value is known on the load event?
    Or maybe its just that I don't really understand the syntax and there is something wrong in there?
  7. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Are you seeing any JS errors when the page loads with the code I gave you?

If all else fails, instead of using our built in element JS, you could try creating a ./components/com_fabrik/js/XX.js file (where XX is your numeric form ID), and do this:

Code (text):
    window.addEvent('domready', function() {
        if ($('Booking___id').value != '') {
        }
    });
    -- hugh
  8. jr@omnipotent.com.au Member

Thanks Hugh, here's the irony... my original code was very close, I just needed to test for not empty rather than > 0. So here is the working javascript:

Code (text):
    if (this.get('value') != '') {
         document.getElement('.fabrikGroupRepeater').hide()
    }
    Thanks for your help.
  9. cheesegrits Support Gopher

OK, cool. I know we put in some code a while back to fake out 'this' when in a loading context, just wasn't sure if it worked in f3 or not.

BTW, out of interest, if you look at the page source, where we do the form_XX.dispatchEvent() for your event, does it use this.get('value') or have we changed 'this' to $('table___element').get('value')?

One last thing ... have you checked that your code works in IE?

-- hugh
  10. jr@omnipotent.com.au Member

Actually, its not working anywhere... Caching was getting in the way of my testing. So when I clear the cache after each save of the element with the javascript, it fails in all browsers.
  11. jr@omnipotent.com.au Member

Ok, I've got a solution, but its a bit of a kludge. The problem is getting it to work across browsers, IE in particular. The issue with IE is that when trying to reference the id or date_time element values in javascript, it returns "undefined" in IE (other elements seem ok).

So I've added a new element to the main group and called it "saved". It defaults to zero, its hidden and has a validation which replaces the value with 1. On this element I have the javascript:

Code (text):
    if ($('Booking___saved').value == 1) {
    }
    Thanks again for your help Hugh.