How to set up a shop

There just isn't a built in way of doing this. I've given a lot of thought to this, and I can't think of a way of doing it without a fair amount of custom coding.

-- hugh

That might be part of a potential solution. However, autofill was never designed to work in repeat groups. It's something I've been working on for a while, on and off, to make it work in repeats, but I don't think it's solid yet.

The main problem is simply pre-filling the required number of repeats, with the parent ID's. That all has to be done in Javascript, you can't add repeats in a template. So you somehow have to figure out the ID's you need on the server side, and feed that to some custom JS. And if you are figuring out that, you might as well just grab all the data, and not worry about autofill.

This is one of those things I simply don't know how to do off the top of my head (well, even after quite a lot of thought), not even enough to point you in the right direction, and the only way I could do it would be to actually try and do it. But that's custom coding work, not "support". And I haven't offered to do it because I'm not even confident I can find a reliable way of doing it.

Honestly, if I knew how to do this, I'd have told you. I'm not ignoring you.

-- hugh

Damn, I felt so close... It seems so obvious to do it with Fabrik. Is there a way I can set up my map data to play around with the autofill plugin? Or wont autofill work at all in a repeat group?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk

I use it in a repeat group.
user add a repeat group
in the repeat row,
->a dbjoin element, to allow user choose a product
->a product description field
->a product price field
->a quantity field
-> a total field (calc element, ajax, calculate price * quantity)
autofill pick up default description / default price in product table
users can change this field and set the quantity
if you want to have your menu card, you can put a read only product list on right layout for exemple

Sounds too good to be true! I'm just still struggling with the autofill plugin. I don't have fields for price and description yet so do I need it?
The other thing is, can you please be a little more precise with "put a read only product list on right layout"

You don't need id for autofill plugin, you put the field you want/need
But the list of purchased product can show it (look at any internet shop to see that)

in joomla, add a module "fabrik list" and set it to right position and only on menu item that show orders

Damn, I felt so close... It seems so obvious to do it with Fabrik. Is there a way I can set up my map data to play around with the autofill plugin? Or wont autofill work at all in a repeat group?

hello @joit, i?ve readed your post and I?m still not getting why are you ussing the repeated groups instead of the related form link.

the big difference in my approach is that you will have your Qty field in the related form.

f17be54d201545bc98028f10336b199a.jpg

this change your database structure, but let you have more control of the way that you show the products to your customers.

//I?ve just figured out why you are using repeated groups. indeed in my approach you still need to use the repeated groups and perform some aditional changes, but is achievable.

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back