• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

How to set up my list so that a user can see, edit only his/her own entries?

Indrit

Hi,
How to set up my list/form so when a user submits his/her own entries, they can only see and edit their own and wont be able to see others.

The only people able of seeing and editing everything must be an administrator, or super user.

Thanks, Indrit

Here is what I did

Access --> Public
View records --> Registered
Edit records --> Special
or use field --> user
Add records --> Registered
Delete records --> Registered
or use field
Empty records --> Registered
Menu Access Only (did not touch this one, because I don't really understand what it does)

So.., does this type of access set-up will give me what I asked for?

Thanks, Indrit

I don't think you want to give delete and empty access to "Registered" so any logged-in user can delete any record and - worse - can empty the complete table.

With "View list" = "public" anybody (also guests) can see the list.

You should dig a bit into Joomla's user/usergroup/accesslevel handling.

If you want to " ...they can only see and edit their own and wont be able to see others..." you need also a list prefilter.

so I changed everything back to default as listed below:
Access --> Public
View records --> Public
Edit records --> Public
or use field --> - -
Add records --> Public
Delete records --> Public
or use field ---
Empty records --> Public
Menu Access Only (did not touch this one, because I don't really understand what it does)

Now, as I originally asked, my goal is to have a user to only see and edit their own and wont be able to see others ...

It looks like I need a list prefilter.

How, where can I make such changes??

Thanks, Indrit

eehm
with Public access you'll open your data completely to public, including the possibility not only to view and edit but also to delete everything.

:( I'm loosing the chain of thoughts

I sent you a message. can you help?

Thanks, Indrit

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back