• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

how to track SQL syntax error with SEO

chris.paschen

Chris Paschen
We have built a rather complex fabrik form, with several tabs and lots of forms (and some repeating related tables). We've got some redirects on the form as well. And using SEO URLs and links.

We made a couple of changes to the related tables and now we are getting the following error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '}'' at line 3

We've disabled all of the custom PHP code that runs via form plugins and still get the error.

Using "&fabrikdebug=1" is not working because the error comes on saving the form, and the form then gets redirected away from the form page (and back to the list page, with SEO URL).

Is there any other way to just force fabrik to always display its queries?
(Or any other ideas how to identify where this "}" might be coming from?

Or is there a way to see (within the fabrik db tables) the query that might be generated for a given list?

BTW ... I'd LOVE to have a setting within Fabrik that you could just 'enable global debugging' and then have fabrik just display the query on each page that it renders.

Yeah, I should really start adding our queries to the J! profiler.

For submit debugging, if you load the form with &fabrikdebug=2, and have J! debug enabled, it should prevent the redirect, and show you any PHP errors and the Fabrik debug info for the submission (although I think you'll have to look at the page source to see that, as the JS to open and close the debug lines won't be there).

-- hugh

I've done that and all I'm seeing that is related to a query (for update ... none for insert) is:
Code:
<div class="accordion-inner">EXPLAIN not possible on query: UPDATE `ked_extensions`
SET `params` = '{\&quot;mediaversion\&quot;:\&quot;c95d010a8fcb13efb69447d2d1bd7815\&quot;}'
WHERE `type` = 'library' AND `element` = 'joomla'
</div>
and that is appearing about 3/4 down the source of the page.

And I'm still a bit perplexed at how there is a syntax error in the core update/insert query of Fabrik.
The error is happening even when all other (custom php etc) are disabled ... I even renamed the external php files to make sure they weren't being pulled in and I still get that error.

Also, that query error
syntax to use near '}'' at line 3

leads me to believe that either their is an extraneous } in the query or an extraneous " there (or am I reading that wrong).

Could this be caused by a field getting deleted directly within phpMyAdmin and not via Fabrik? i.e. could it be looking for a field that it is expecting and that causing the syntax error?

Or any other ideas?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back