1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

[HowTo] Enable Fabrik Debug

Discussion in 'Hints, Tips and Tricks' started by fedepia, Jul 29, 2009.

1. fedepia

fedepia Active Member Staff Member

Level: Community
    Hello all. A couple of weeks ago, I was wondering to know how to enable fabrik debug. This is extremely easy, but of course, when we start with something new, this could be not very straightforward. So, I want to share with you how to enable the fabrik debug.

First at all, we need to enter in tables menu...
    [​IMG]

... go to parameters...
    [​IMG]
    ...a popup is displayed, we need to scroll down to the end to find the activation of fabrik debug...
    [​IMG]

That's all... I told you, this is very easy, but it misses the last thing, the output debugging...
    So, go to whatever you want to debug and concatenate the string &fabrikdebug=1 at the end of your url... (don't forget the ampersand '&')
    [​IMG]

continue in the following post...

Attached Files:

• sc1.png
      sc1.png
      File size:
      42.1 KB
      Views:
    • sc2.png
      sc2.png
      File size:
      13 KB
      Views:
    • sc3.png
      sc3.png
      File size:
      22.4 KB
      Views:
    • sc4.png
      sc4.png
      File size:
      38.9 KB
      Views:
    • sc5.png
      sc5.png
      File size:
      17.3 KB
      Views:
  2. fedepia

fedepia Active Member Staff Member

Press Enter, and then the fabrik debug will be shown...
    [​IMG]

There are a lot of things to debug, you just need to expand the row you want. (If you want to see the sql generated by fabrik, that renders the list view, just expand table GetData.

I hope you find this useful.

Cheers,

Fede

6 people like this.
  3. rob

rob Administrator Staff Member

Previously to today you couldn't do this when viewing table data in the admin. (Adding &fabrikfilter=1 to the url took you back to Joomla's admin homepage)

Now, as long as your table uses the 'admin' template for the back end, you should see a 'debug' checkbox which will toggle on/off the debug output

Cheers
    Rob

4. peamak

peamak Moderator

That's a great feature Rob!!

It can be wise to say something about fabrikdebug: you HAVE TO turn it off when your site is in production mode, otherwise any visitor who knows &fabrikdebug=1 will be able to access some data you don't necessarily want them to access. That's, I think, the main reason we're able to turn it off ;)

5. juicyfruit

juicyfruit Member

also just found out that &fabrikdebug=1 does not work if joomla SEO is turned on.

So need to turn joomla SEO off.

1 person likes this.