HTTP 500 error when trying to create my first form

Discussion in 'Community' started by Innocey, Apr 13, 2012.

  1. Innocey New Member

    Level: Community
    [SOLVED] HTTP 500 error when trying to create my first form

    Hi,

    I have just installed Fabrik on Joomla 1.5. When I go to create a new form in just errors out. Also when trying to edit existing example data I just get a white screen.

    Not quite sure what is going on I have only just installed it!

    Any help would be fantastic!

    Many thanks
  2. troester Well-Known Member

    Level: Standard
    Which fabrik version on which Joomla version?
  3. Innocey New Member

    Level: Community
    Hi,

    Its Fabrik 2.1.1 on Joomla 1.5.25

    Thanks
  4. troester Well-Known Member

    Level: Standard
    Did you enable the system mootools upgrade plugin?
  5. Innocey New Member

    Level: Community
    I have just checked and yes that was enabled already.
  6. troester Well-Known Member

    Level: Standard
    White screen maybe a memory issue.
    see http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/faq/

    Q: I've got a whitescreen, what should I do?
    A: Enable error reporting and post results after following these steps:

    • Ensure that your PHP installation has at least a 64mb memory limit by going to joomla admin > site > system information > php information > then find the entry 'memory_limit'
    • Enable maximum error reporting by going to joomla admin > site > global configuation > server > server settings > error reporting: maximum
    • Go back to the page that was giving you a white screen and refresh
    • This time you should see a set of warning and/or error messages which were created by PHP when the page was run
    • Please copy and paste all of these messages into a forum post following the Forum Post Template
    1 person likes this.
  7. Innocey New Member

    Level: Community
    Thanks very much I will give that a go and let you know the results!
  8. Innocey New Member

    Level: Community
    Thanks troester. Increasing the PHP limit has done the trick! It was only set on 32mb!


    Thanks again!

Share This Page