1. Hugh is now back at work, more or less full time, after a slower than expected recovery from his neck surgery early this month. Obviously we have a backlog of support to clear, and are working as hard as we can to take care of it. If you have an unanswered thread more than 3 days old, please post one (and only one) "bump" on it, to move it in to our "last 3 days" list. If you have an unanswered issue in a forum you no longer have access to due to subscriptions timing out, please use the Contact Us form, and provide us with the URL to the thread.

I can not download updates with Tortoise SVN

Discussion in 'Fabrik 2.0 Beta Testing' started by apolonioluis, Sep 11, 2008.

1. apolonioluis New Member

Level: Community
    I can not download updates with Tortoise SVN.

There is another way to download updates?

There are some users who already downloaded the SVN 443 and want to share it with me?

Apolonio Luis

Sonora, Mexico
  2. cheesegrits Support Gopher

What seems to be the problem with Tortoise? Is it throwing errors?

No, the only way of downloading from an SVN repository is with an SVN client.

-- hugh
  3. murph0 New Member

Level: Standard
    I recommend trying two things:

1. Pick some other open source project at random, and try to use Tortoise to checkout a working copy. This will confirm whether or not your SVN setup is working.

2. If Tortoise is not working, try a different SVN client, there are many to choose from.

It won't do any good just to get a copy of the source tree, you need to be able to update it with new revisions as they come out.
  4. apolonioluis New Member

This is the error message I get when trying to update and download SVN.

Searching Google found that the configuration of the client and server are different (obviously) but not yet know what changes to make.

In another client received a message that could not be translated header to UTF8, as again get the message I'm going to post.

Apolonio Luis Medina
    Sonora, Mexico

Attached Files:

5. cheesegrits Support Gopher

I can't be entirely sure as I only speak English, but it looks like an error we see when someone is behind a corporate firewall which is messing with the HTTP data streams (I think it's something to do with preventing people from certain streaming media sites).

-- hugh
  6. apolonioluis New Member

With the customer RapidSVN get this error.

At least with this client I can see the structure and php files, but one by one.

Attached Files:

7. apolonioluis New Member

this is the error message:

"It has forced the interruption of an existing connection by the remote host."
  8. apolonioluis New Member

Yes, the firewall was my first suspect.

Already disable the firewall and still receive the same mistake.

In my network there is no other firewall, since I connect directly to Internet provider.

I suspect that the problem is language, my client is configured and installed on a PC in Spanish and the server is in another language (English?).
  9. cheesegrits Support Gopher

10. apolonioluis New Member

Other message:

Thanks

Apolonio Luis
    Sonora, Mexico

Attached Files:

11. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Hmmm, yes, it does seem to be a language issue.

So the error is actually preventing you from checking the trunk out?

-- hugh
  12. apolonioluis New Member

yes, i am waiting for the answer in the other forum.