i would like to suggest this filter.png to replace the colorful one

like consistency?

• yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no - leave it colorful and mismatched. i like chaos in my life

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

skyrun

the filter (and empty) icons are the only two that are colorful and 3d. the others are flat and black and clean.
i would like to suggest changing media/com_fabrik_images/filter.png to the attached file.
i have to re-copy it each time after i update now. (i know i could create my own template).

Attachments

• filter.png
    filter.png
    255 bytes · Views: 28
You can just put your filter.png in e.g. ...list/tmpl/bootstrap/images
then you don't need to re-copy

The other ones are no images but icon classes and so depending on your Joomla template (e.g. blue with Protostar), I don't know why (all is done similary in view.base.php)

Hmm,
icon-filter is doing (just tested in the browser with Protostar) and a fa-filter seems to be existing, too.
I didn't find where you are deciding to take an image or an icon (there are image for plus-sign (=add) etc., too, in media..., but e.g for add it's taking the icon).
upload_2017-3-31_10-19-47.png

Last edited:
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/8a11ccd61e3a2c312cf1fb74895a3ed0e802a8d3

There's probably some others in that function which could be replaced with icon names.

I remember the issue now ... it was that whole transition from images to icon classes, when we had to handle both (J! 2.5 and J! 3.x), and it proved a very difficult issue to provide backward compat on.

A few months ago I finally bit the bullet and made some changes to make that easier, now we no longer support J! 2.5. But it meant manually going through the code and finding everywhere we use 'foo.png' (with an extension) and changing it for the appropriate icon name (without extension). And I missed a few.

-- hugh

Yay!
upload_2017-4-1_0-32-50.png

Although I still don't see why e.g. group_by.png is taking the icon even with extension (in view.base.php), but as long as it's working...

That's because we completely ignore that group by button set up button(), and do this in the default_buttons.php in the template:

PHP:
$displayData->icon = FabrikHelperHTML::icon('icon-list-view');

... where we build the layout data for the group by menu.

For consistency, we should probably move that to the buttons() method, and use $this->buttons->group_by.

Although really, we should probably do away with the buttons() function entirely, and build them all in the template files, so they can be overridden. That buttons() function was built way before CSS icons were a thing, and all icons were built with image files we provided, and the only "override" mechanism was putting image files in template image folders.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back