• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Index on display element always 0 in repeat group

Status
Not open for further replies.

startpoint

Hi,
I found that id's on display and textarea elements always get index 0 when new group added.
Field and calc elements get right sequential group index.

I haven't checked a display element, but I just tested with a textarea, and I can't replicate that. The ID and name correctly increment.

Here's the result of adding the fifth group ...

Code:
<textarea class="fabrikinput inputbox input-medium" name="fab_repeat_test_17_repeat___textthing[4]" id="fab_repeat_test_17_repeat___textthing_4" cols="40" rows="6"></textarea>

I know the container class name doesn't increment, but that's always been that way, and happens for all elements.

Can you point me at a page?

I haven't tested with WYSIWYG, though.

-- hugh

I make more tests and the problems exists in in the following cases:
for a start I have repeat group with 2 table rows.
Variant 1: Delete first row.
Add new rows.
The problem exists in both elements.
Variant 2: Delete second row.
Add new rows.
The problem exists in display element.
Textarea element work properly.
Variant 3: Add new rows without delete old rows.
Variant 3: New form.
The problem exists in display element.
Textarea element work properly.

OK, I duplicated that issue, and have sorta kinda fixed it locally, but only for non-WYSIWYG textareas. And that took the best part of four hours. So I'm going to have to shelve work on this and get on with some other stuff for now.

Here's the fix for the textarea ...

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/412a9fcf6a2ff870243ec8b2589e31aa19318f82

It's probably a very different issue for the display element, although I'm hoping it'll be a little easier to track down.

-- hugh

Yes, on textarea element work properly. For this just found out it does not work.
I expect fixing and other element. I intend to use it.

You can't. We didn't video it. Yeah, yeah, I know. However, I'm probably going to record it as an intro tutorial.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Pity. Surely such videos would be very useful for current and future fabrik users.
I suggest next time you can record and upload videos, either on site or facebook page.
And we, the users will do whatever we can to promote fabrik, and accordingly your wonderful work you do and continue to do.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back