SOLVED: Indication when list filter is active

Status
Not open for further replies.

juuser

Hi,

I have a problem with a list, where users check latest records on the top. Sometimes they don't realize that list filter is active and they will miss to see the latest records. I wouldn't want to remove filters on list load as this will cause other issues.

Would it be possible to show some indication in list header (red colored list heading or red background on "remove filter" button) when list filter is applied?

BR,
Martin

Looks like your Pro sub expired quite some time ago. I just discovered a bug in our expiry code, which has caused some expired subs to remain in the forum groups.

-- hugh

OK, thanks for the sub.

As of this commit:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/e35474793b97e5144145017ba93bb351efeb50bf

... the clear filters link should now have an additional class, hasFilters, if there are any "optional" filters applied (so it ignores prefilters and menu filters).

So you can now use a custom CSS file (see wiki) to apply whatever styling you want for the hasFilters class, like turning the link into 48 point bold red flashing.

NOTE you can't just cherry pick that commit, as it relies on some other changes made in a few previous commits. You'll need a full github update.

This should work correctly with AJAX nav, so on an AJAX filter action (or clear filters), the class will get added or removed as appropriate.

-- hugh

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for!!! Just have one issue, I have "remove filters" set to "no" on list load and when the list is refreshed or re-opened via menu item, hasFilters class is removed, although filter is still active.

P.S. Sorry for the subscription issue. Was quite rare visitor lately and didn'r realize so much time had passed. At least helped you to find the bug in this :)

When you say ...

I have "remove filters" set to "no" on list load

... do you mean "Reset Filters" on the menu item?

The subscription issue was my bad. Turns out there was a bug in the code that is supposed to remove people from Pro / Standard access groups when their sub expires. And it's been there for about 18 months. So I've been giving people free Pro / Standard support for a long time. Didn't affect everyone, maybe about half. But still many hundreds of hours of my life I'll never get back. :/

-- hugh

Yes, I meant "Reset Filters" on the menu item options. And also list refresh via browser removes this class.

I agree, sometimes these kind of lessons are painful.:(

Strange, still the same behavior. Took the whole Github package when updating . Could it be something to do with other list filter settings? Here is the screenshot of my settings:
filters.PNG

Hi Hugh,

I tested with default list filter settings and still the same problem :( Cannot think of anything else to try.

BR,
Martin

Unfortunately I have an intranet site only which cannot be accessed from outside. Maybe you can recommend something for me to check? Otherwise i would have to find some hostimng service and set up copy of this site which is quite time consuming.

Did you delete cache on your browser? It was a JS change in the last commit. Or try setting "Burst JS" on the Javascript tab in the global Fabrik setting to force the browser to reload JS.

-- hugh

Thanks, I made a Github update again to be sure, then cleared browser cache and set Burst JS to "yes", still same :( Do you have anything else to try? If no, I would probably have to find some hosting and set up copy of this site.
BR,
Martin

I'm out of ideas. And I can't debug it without being able to access it.

Hugh

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Hi,

I have now made an accessible copy of my site and added credentials to site data. Hope you can check this problem.

Thanks,
Martin

Problem is with all the lists, but one example is list id 11 (Teht?v?t). In front-end "Teht?v?t -> Kaikki teht?v?t".

BR,
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back