Inline Buttons--another issue

davez

I found one more issue with the inline buttons on the lists. On one of our tables/lists, we have a PHP plugin to handle our deletes. The checkbox column needs to be available on that table, so the php plugin can be available.

Thanks!

inline is the problem when a custom php script is added to the table/list. It's working for floating just fine.

I can confirm:
buttons inline
php button is displayed in rows and in header, but checkboxes are only displayed if the user has delete access.

It must be access level delete access; "or use field" will show the delete X in rows, but not in header and no checkboxes.

Ah, OK, i see what you mean.

Hmmmm. I may have to defer to Rob on this one, as I'm having problems working out the logic he's using on this one.

Raising a github issue. I'll carry on looking at it for a while, but I'm no immediately seeing where / how I fix this one.

-- hugh

hehe I WILL get there with these wretched buttons and access levels !
Can we try updating from github and tell me if the issues are resolved?

-Rob

It still doesn't seem to be working. I'm not getting a checkbox in order to "Please select a row" in order to use the php plugin in the table.

It still doesn't seem to be working. I'm not getting a checkbox in order to "Please select a row" in order to use the php plugin in the table.

I cant confirm this, can you give a full run down of exactly what list settings you have please?

thx
Rob

Php checkboxes are ok on my site (latest Git).

Remaining issue (withput php plugin): checkboxes (and heading delete X) are missing, if delete access is set to "Or use field"

BTW: why did you change the button default to "floating"? Floating is space saving but with inline buttons it's obvious to a frontend user what he can do; with floating there's only a confusing checkbox. I would prefer "inline" default.

I've fixed the "or use field" issue, which applied to both the delete and edit settings.

As to floating vs inline, I've added a global config setting which you can set as to inline, so any list which has 'Render buttons as' as 'use global' will use use the option specified here.

-rob

I have similar issue with latest Github.

I have checkbox column visible although it shouldn't. In my list access setting i have delete and empty records set to no-one.

I also don't have php plugin in use. I have buttons rendered inline.

It was ok a couple of Github versions ago.

The latest seems to be working properly for me. Checkboxes are in a separate column, so I can access my custom delete plugin.

Unfortunetly not for me :( Checkboxes are in separate column, but they shouldn't be visible at all in my case.

OK, I see what you mean. With just 'edit row' permissions, and 'display inline', I get a checkbox. Which serves no purpose.

There's actually already a github issue open on this, so Rob will get to it as soon as he can. I don't want to start messing with this code, as Rob has been tweaking it, and is more familiar with exactly how it all hangs together.

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/issues/479

-- hugh

OK, I see what you mean. With just 'edit row' permissions, and 'display inline', I get a checkbox. Which serves no purpose.

There's actually already a github issue open on this, so Rob will get to it as soon as he can. I don't want to start messing with this code, as Rob has been tweaking it, and is more familiar with exactly how it all hangs together.

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/issues/479

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back