Inlineedit plugin - BUG?

[...]

ah OK the back end!
I must not have read that earlier or you hadn't mentioned. Things work fine on the front end. This is why I often ask people to point me at the page as:

1) Text descriptions of a set up often leave out vital information no matter how accurate we try to be, or alternatively I glaze over the part that actaully matters.

2) Setting up specific tests is time consuming and not guaranteed to re-produce the bug, as often bugs are dependant upon other things installed in Joomla (templates, plugins modules etc)

So yes I did have a test case set up exactly in the way that had been described, and just the fact that I was testing on the front end meant that it worked for me.

There should be a fix now in git hub for the backend

I don't think that is coming from our code, I just did a global search on 'blank.png' and didn't find anything
You misinterpreted my last post. I mentioned right off that I immediately went to trying it on the front end.

It sounds like you read the opening phrase of that one paragraph ("When run on the admin backend, ...") and ignored everything I said after that. The next paragraph starts with - "So I created a menu item and tested the List on the front end. Same problem."

Things stand unchanged as mentioned in my last post. I updated from GitHub yesterday. Basically the 1st edit will work OK (but only IF it is a value within the validation rules).

But them if I go to another element in the same column and double-click - the value shown in the inlinedit popup will be the original value of the previous row I edited in that column (if that's any "clue" to the problem.) From that point on, the plugin stops responding to anything.

On another note - you may want to add...

.floating-tip ul li{
list-style: none outside none;
}

to the css style sheet - else anyone who is using a template where lists include a marker by default - will see that marker ahead of each li in the popup. (e.g. Beez5 uses squares)

As is, you only include "ul" but not "ul li" for the floating-tip class in your css style sheet.

I just sent you a PM with a link so you can see/test for yourself.

Is anyone else using this inlineedit plugin? I really need to know if it is something with my configuration (a template conflict, etc) or a bug in the plugin. Please respond here if you do not have the same issues as I reported.

I am to the point of starting to think about alternative solutions. I noticed in the demo for JGrid (Datagrids) that they allow inline editing ? but it does not use a popup. Basically (it looks like) what it does is include the form element in hidden DIV below in the same <td> cell. And when a cell is double-clicked the DIVs for that row become visible and you are able to edit that row ?inline?.

I?d really like to see Fabrik take this approach as it sounds much more reliable than a popup ? and the Ajax verification seems to work fine in the form (but not in the inlineedit popup). So I?d assume that if they took that approach (and inject the same code in the hidden div that they use in the form), Ajax Verification would work as expected.

When's the last time I mentioned, "I hate JavaScript"? :p

On my site:
Validation is working (with ajax validation on or off)
BUT as you say

It's only possible to edit+save once.
After saving or canceling one time opening an other element (same column) will show the old content of the one edited before, opening an element in an other column will show this element's content
in both cases you can't cancel or save.
Sometimes you can close the popup with ESC.
You must reload the page to edit again.

In firefox and IE the validation message in the popup doesn't display German umlaute (in Chrome and in a normal form - even if displayed in a popup via ajaxfied links - it's displayed correctly)

On my site:
Validation is working (with ajax validation on or off)
BUT as you say[...]
Thank You troester! I guess this means I can stop playing with every plugin on Joomla.org that is supposed to fix any Jquery/mootools conflicts (which I thought was MY problem).

Like many "bugs" I come upon - it's always best to be re-assured that you are not the only one having the problem (it's not a problem unique to your setup) before you start "whining" about it - so I appreciate the time you took to verify the issue.:)

So what do you think of my (JGrid's) idea of hidden input boxes inside the list <td> cells where a double-click will toggle the input boxes for the row as visible and allow "inline editing" - rather than a popup? I'm just thinking that if enough people ask for it - and since they have to take the time to "fix' the plugin - they might as well put the time in making it even more "user friendly".:cool:

You misinterpreted my last post. I mentioned right off that I immediately went to trying it on the front end......
I just sent you a PM with a link so you can see/test for yourself.
Ah ok, well I do test to skim ready things, at least it still allowed me to fix a bug albeit a different one:)

Your PM - didnt have a url in it though

But I think I could replicate the issue, and I think I have committed a fix for what troester describes

Could you update (again) and test (again :) ) please?

Could you update (again) and test (again :) ) please?
No problem.

I update from GitHub but the issue as described still remains the same.

As for the PM. I tried to reply to your PM but my PMs don't seem to work. I can receive but not send. No error is reported - the send reports success - but my "Sent" box remains empty.???

I sent Hugh the URL the other day via email. But by now the page has changed and I'm not even using inlineedit on that List. So I'll have to create a duplicate of that Test5 menu item with inlinedit enabled if you want to see a sample of the problem. I'll do that now.

updated to github of this morning:
the ie8 error is gone
after the edit/save only the memo fields showing the values, date and varchar field showing empty cell, if I reload the page all the values are shown

more debug info, seems not a refresh problem:
in attachment extraction of the table involved:
only column 2,3,5 are editable
if anything is changed in column 2,5 in the field of column 1 (that has the element set as RO) the value [] is saved, the others two RO fields are untouched
If I edit the record trought the form by click on edit button it work fine and left the field of column 1 untouched

Attachments

• problema inlineedit.png
    problema inlineedit.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 220
With the latest edition of this, I get blanks in the field when it pops up - and the value entered is not saved back on save. But other than that it seems to be working fine.:rolleyes:

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back