Insert x amount of Rows to a separate list based on radio selection

Well, having said that, one option would be to change your date elements to "Store as Local", so Fabrik doesn't apply any TZ offsets. I just don't particularly like that, as it has some potential gotchas. I'm of the school of thought that dates in databases should always be in GMT, and when you render those dates in an application, you apply whatever TZ offset makes sense for where / how / for who you are displaying the dates, and don't need any a-priori knowledge of what TZ the dates were created in / for.

-- hugh

Welp. It's not as crazy as I thought. looks like that little snippet did the trick. There was just a little syntax error. I thought I had to convert a bunch of tables and reconfigure mysql. nope. turns out I just need to read your post a few times.

I'll have to assign time zones to every admin submitting the form, but that's no biggie. I'm creating an extra table for admins with location, user id yadda yadda and now tz. If I store "+6:00" as a STRING, will I be able to insert it in this code as a variable? Or does it need some other format?

Thanks a billion hugh. YOU'RE THE MAN.

P.S. flat earth is real yo. #woke

I don't think you need to store anything for the user, as all the TZ offsetting in Fabrik is done according to the J! config setting for TZ. We don't do per-user.

Yeah, you only have to install the TZ tables in MySQL if you want to use symbolic names like GMT and UTC, or "America/Chicago", etc., which will take daylight savings in to account. If you just use numbers, no need for the TZ tables, but no daylight savings.

Looks like your sub has expired, so restart this in Community if you need to, I'll answer when I get a minute.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back