• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Installing

UnlimiteDesigns

Can someone please help as i can not get fabrik 2.0b to install.
using Joomla 1.5 PHP 5.5 Linux OS
when i go into Joomla and select install/unistall go to the directory on my pc select the zipped folder click on upload and install and comes back with the error no package selected
someone please help as i really need to get this up and running to do some testing
thank you for your help in advance
Ja

Hmmm. Which version of J! 1.5 is this? We're working with 1.5.3, and we know it installs OK on that ...

-- hugh

it went all wrong so i have reinstalled the new version full 1.5.3 package had problems backing up.
when i try to upload from Joomla it says ftp server not compatible with joomla.
so i cant instal fabrik. i uploaded the fabrik folder through my hosting company and it is on the server but no idea what to do now so am stuck.
if you could give me some pointers to move on be greatly appreciated.
Ja

i uploaded the fabrik folder through my hosting company and it is on the server but no idea what to do now so am stuck.

You definitely have to use the installers to get it installed the first time, then could ftp the SVN files when you update your install.

I assume you tried unzipping the Fabrik 2.0 files on your computer locally, then login to your Joomla install and go to extensions -> install/uninstall and enter the location of your unzipped files in the "Install from Directory" field?

i have tried that but what file do you select?
is there a manual way of doing this like adding the folders then hacking a file to add it in then install that way?
there must be a backdoor way of installing this as i just not get it to upload.

linus os
apache 2.2.8 (Unix)
php 5.2.6
mysql 5.0.51
this is the hosting company setup could any of this be the problem?
thank you for all your help

I only go through the frontdoor, so not sure, but don't think so, but if you:

-download the SVN and 'export' the files into a local directory
-cut the fabrik.xml from the \administrator\components\com_fabrik directory
-paste in the root of your SVN folder
-install from this directory within Joomla

There shouldn't be an issue. You tried it this way?

Shortcut

I've put up an installable .zip of Fab 2.0 SVN 191 and put a link to the file in my sig if that helps?

James and Susan

i've tried that something between Joomla and my hosting company don't seem to like each other when i put my ftp settings in comes back with an error and won't upload so i will speak to my hosting company as well and joomla forum see if someone can shed some light on the problem.
thank you for all your help
Jason

You have to go to your Joomla! 1.5 backend (joomlaroot/administrator), login as a Superadmin, then go to menu items "Extensions" -> "Install/Uninstall". In the "Install from URL" paste in http://www.ikeafans.com/fabrik2.0.zip and click the install button. I'd probably download the file and browse to it locally so you have a copy, but installing from the URL will be a faster way to test and see if it'll work for you or if your Joomla installation simply won't let you install things.

If it won't install, my gut response is that you've probably got some folder permissions set wrong. Best bet would be to dig around in the Joomla! forums and see if you can get them straightened out, which is sort of what I think you said was your next step, so you're headed in the right direction ;). This just gives you a quick way to test where the problem may be.

James and Susan

Once again thank you for your help.
this is the error i get when i try to do it from the url link "Remote Server connection failed, failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found
Invalid URL "

do you have a clue what this may mean.

Ja

Gak. Sorry... I'd suggest running some searches for that error as well the other's you're having over on the Joomla.org forum. It might be a server config problem? Defintely sounds (as you mentioned before) like a problem with J! either not being configured right or having problems with your host's server setup.

James and Susan

Ja,

Try downloading a copy to your local machine and then using the "Upload Package File" section instead of trying to install from a URL. I ran a test on my end and got the same problem you did ???. Should work fine from a local copy though...

James and Susan

Once again thank you for your help.
this is the error i get when i try to do it from the url link "Remote Server connection failed, failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found
Invalid URL "

do you have a clue what this may mean.

Ja

Check your PHP config (Joomla backend, System Info), see if allow_url_fopen is enabled.

-- hugh

Check your PHP config (Joomla backend, System Info), see if allow_url_fopen is enabled.

-- hugh

Thank you for the reply sorry i might be a bit slow on this but where do i find this?
i have had a look at the configuration.php file and nothing in there so not sure where you mean. cheers

Go to your Joomla! Adminstrator panel. Should be located at joomlaroot/adminstrator so if you have Joomla installed at the root of a site called widgets.com you would go to http://[URL="http://www.widgets.com/administrator"]www.widgets.com/administrator[/URL] then login as a Superadmin user.

1. On the menu bar at the top of the admin panel click on the "Help" option (should be just to the left of "Tools").

2. When that drops down select "System Info"

3. You sould see options for :
System Info
PHP Settings
Configuration File
Directory Permissions
PHP Information

4. Select PHP Information.

5. Scroll down to the section for PHP Core (second major section)
the value you're looking for should be the second of third value there.

But, again, if you just download the file and use the Browse button in the Upload Package File section of the install screen you can bypass any problems with opening it remotely. I personally wouldn't try troubleshooting that at the moment though, it's just adding more complexity to the problem.

James and Susan

this is driving me mad i seem to be having trouble ftp from filezilla but i can ftp from my CPanel which is provided by my hosting company.
so i am at a loss so can anyone help and point me in a direction which could resolve me issues.
Appreciated Jason

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back