• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

internal error 500 on administrator post-update

skyrun

don't see how it could be related... but i just did a git-update on two of my joomla sites and now i get a '500 internal server error' on both when i try to get into /administrator.

doing some addl debugging now and i'll update. but i'm pretty sure that the only change i made was to run the git update.

I just did an update, all seems to be ok.
You can try to disable the Fabrik System plugin directly in your database (should help if it's coming from Fabrik)

FYI. I was able to finally Clear this by changing the mod of all directories to 755 and files to 644. Don?t know which one was out of whack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But if I redo the wget from GitHub the error comes back.

So something in the GitHub has invalid permissions maybe?

Also disabling all fabrik plugins didn?t stop the error. Weird.

I looked and the issue is that many joomla directories (plugins, modules, etc...) are being changed to 775 by the github update. when i change them to 755, it works.

i can't explain why inappropriate/too much access hurts, but it does seem to in my situation. i do have RSfirewall! on both of these sites, but disabled that on the db (i think) and fabrik plugins and still wouldn't start with permissions set 775.

here's what i know for sure: when i run this command, it breaks administrator on my sites:
wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/tarball/master -O - | tar -zx --strip-components 1

when i run this command from the webroot, i can get on to administrator:
find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back