1. Fabrik 3.8.1 has been released. It is mostly bug fixes and feature enhancements, but does include two new plugins (push notifications, and the sequence element). As usual we strongly recommend testing the new release on a sandbox if your application is mission critical, and always do an Akeeba backup before updating.
    Dismiss Notice

Invoice like form

Discussion in 'Community' started by jo-ka, Oct 12, 2018 at 12:22 AM.

1. jo-ka

jo-ka Member

Level: Community
    Hello.
    I have a project where I need to launch multiple records on the same form.
    Some sort of invoice form, where I have item code, descriptio, value, etc, with multiple lines, but related with just one document number.

I was considering doing this with 2 joined lists, but I don't know how to launch multiple lines on the same form, if that is possible.

Thank's in advance.

2. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Not sure what you mean. You could have something like an invoice with line items, where the invoice is the main list/form, then you create the line items as a repeat group (or joining to an existing table).

-- hugh

3. jo-ka

jo-ka Member

Dear Hugh.
    Yes, I found late in the night that this can be a possibility, following this example:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/list-joins/

So, I can link two lists with repeatable option, and I think I can accomplish what i need, this is, multiple lines on the form (regions) for the same form header - invoice number, customer, etc - (countries).

If there's no other or better option, I think this fits perfectly.

BR