Is related data from a multi-select DBjoin supposed to work ?

lcollong

FabriKant d'applications web
Hi,

I think I know the answer...
Related data works very well showing records from another list linked to the current one through a regular DBjoin element.
But, if it is setup as a multi-select DBjoin Dropdown, data don't show up. As there is an intermediate n-m table in this case, I guess it's more complicated to achieve.
Is my setup or something else wrong or is this feature won't (yet ?) work with a multi-select DD ?

Thanks.

Yeah, sorry. It's one of those diminishing returns things. It'd be a lot of work to implement, and you are the only person who has ever asked for it.

-- hugh

Surprising enough. It's a nice feature. It allows powerful navigation easy to understand by the user... I like it. Maybe a not known enough feature ?
However, I do understand your answer. But better to ask ! ;-)

Well, lots of people use it for normal single select joins. But I've never had anyone notice that it doesn't work for multiselect joins. I think perhaps because "faceted browsing" tends to just naturally fall into the "one to one" category. See all line items from this order. See all cities in this state. Etc.

-- hugh

Actually "one to many". Theoretically "many to many", it's just a question to go and fetch data once deeper (a table further). looking at the sql which produce the "faceted" list result (nb of related records), it sounds "easy" to fetch the data from the intermediate table. But from a development view, it may involve a lot of work to check if is a Multi-select or not, get the table name, find the right info, etc..... I agree.... I'll do it another way... :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back