• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Is Upgrade from 2.1 feature suppose to work on J3/F3 ?

lcollong

FabriKant d'applications web
Hi,

I've installed F3 on a J3 test drive. I've updated it with the last github release (J3 branch) and I wish to migrate a J1.5/F2.11 site on this test drive. I've followed the wiki procedure (partially), but the upgrade tool give a white page with no reactions.

Should I upgrade to J2.5 before ?

Thanks

Ive not tested but I would think that you would need to update to J2.5 / fabrik 3 then update to j3.0 / fabrik 3.1.

Thank to both of you. I'll setup a J2.5 and try to migrate my site form J1.5/F2 to J2.5/F3. I'll keep you inform.

Thanks Troester. As per your experience, it sounds that it'll gonna be a highly "hand-made" table tunning procedure.... I'll test on J2.5 and see.

It has been a long work but it is more or less done. Thanks to the excellent and detailed Troester's wiki !
Except the obvious (and tedious) modifications related to the changes in the core of Joomla (ACL ...:-( ) most of the things are in line with the wiki. The hard part was the validation plugin reconfiguration and the inlined php codes related to the ACL and the GID structure.
I've noticed that the list heading fields of the "list view" tab of elements were lost in the battle.... Perhaps some more to come....
I'm going to do extensive tests under J2.5/F3 and see later how to upgrade to J3/F3.1 and see how it works.

A picture is hundred times much clear than a textual explanation (in frenglish !) ;-)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 461
Ah. Yeah, not sure why that would have happened, should have been just another param from the attribs field in the table. But as we had to 'translate' those as part of J!'s changes, from simple newline delimited strings to JSON representation, it could have been the upgrade.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back