• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Java works fine in FireFox not in Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrobben

Hello,

I'm working with Joomla 1.0.15 and fabrik 1.05 on the site www.robusoft.org/test (login test Pw test123) Problem is that firefox does the calculation in the database "kinderen" very well, but Internet Explorer gives me errors.

Like someone to look into it if possible, en tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thankx in Advanced.

ok i logged in - now where do i go?
If its the form for the table 'loon_table' - the user doesnt have rights to add or view records. If its else where i didnt find it

It's under "verkoop" on the left side. The user filles in the hours, then all is calculated in total hours (three last fields).

The problem is that in FireFox everything works Fine, in Explorer there it doesn't work.

Hope this helps.

your template uses prootype lite which is incompatible with fabrik, you will need to change template or alter the template js code to work with mootools

Hello,
Thank you for looking into the probleem, i replaced the template with the standaard joomla template, and there are still problems.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare processform() (previously declared in /home/robusoft/public_html/test/components/com_fabrik/fabrik.php:316) in /home/robusoft/public_html/test/mambots/content/mosforme.php on line 70

Is this ringing any bells, Sorry for my many questions.

In the administrator (back-end) its working (the form and javascript) in Firefox, still not in Explorer. ???

Gr. Henry

It looks like you are using mosforms in a mambot on a Fabrik page. Because Fabrik is mosforms (that was the name of the very early versions of Fabrik), the two don't play together. As the errors indicates, they use the same function names internally (which have to be unique), so whichever one loads second will bomb out.

Disable mosforms, and make sure that error goes away. Also see if the calculations start working.

-- hugh

Hello,

thanks, but it is not helping, i discovered something else. When a table longer than 30 lines, you get two pages. Second page is not to call, very strange, the next previous gives the same error. I've set the template chooser on the public site, to set the template to the original and backwards quickly.

Greetings,

Henry

I was looking at your page, but then I think you re-enabled the mosforms module, so output now stops after the mosforms errors print.

-- hugh

Hello Hugh,

Thanks for taking the time to solve this problem. Fabrik is a great tool, fantastic job.
A contra question: Why does the problem only shows in Internet Explorerer and only on a table with extra Java calculations. The same Table-form does have an script to execute on submition (Simple eval). Meanwhile in Firefox nothing is wrong?

I'm going to place the cvs files again, so that can also not be the problem. I don't understand the mosforms error, i disabled the mosforms (rsforms) and that changed nothing frontside. If you want (this is a testsite) you can change anything in this site to test, tell me afterwards about it.

++ Henry

Well I'm pretty sure the javascript issues are because the version of the ol_core template you are using is an old one, using an ancient version of Mootools (from 2005). In fact, it's moo.fx.js, which was the original version of mootools built on top of the prototype.js framework.

We use a recent version of mootools.js (version 1.11 from this year), and the two simply don't play well together in the same sandbox.

I just checked the olwebdesign site, and their current version of the ol_core template uses the same version of mootools.js we use:

http://www.olwebdesign.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=64&Itemid=58

I suspect if you upgrade to the latest version of that template, things may start working properly.

-- hugh

Hello Hugh,

I've got another template, and partly its working, not the javascript i've made in the "onchange" option at elements, the errors are gone, no problem anymore, the selection in the tables goes well,

Stil remaining the "onchange" javascript (working in Firefox NOT in IE). With this javascript were counting the hours in "kinderen" while filling in.

Greetings,

Henry

OK, the test login is working now ... don't know why it wasn't earlier (I didn't do any typing, I let FF remember these things for me!).

Anyway, can you install JoomlaExplorer for me? I'd like to get rid of the huge onchange code in all those elements, and create a function for it instead (which means uploading a new XX.js file, something we hope to change soon by just giving you a "Form JS" box in the backend).

Apart from being a lot neater (and MUCH easier if you ever have to change that code, 'cos there will just be one copy, not 20+), once it's wrapped up in a function in the JS file, I can then debug it.

-- hugh

Hello Hugh,

I cann't install explorer but i made an ftp account for test@robusoft.org with password test123. JoomlaExplorer exposed the entire site, looked a bit risky.

Hope you can work with the ftp account.
Please let me now what the files are witch would be changed.

Thankx

Henry

Erm ... telling the whole world the ftp account details probably isn't the most secure approach, either!

Can I suggest you change test account password for both J! and ftp, and PM me the new one?

-- hugh

I finally gave in and installed IE8 here, so I can use the new debug tools. Which are, quite frankly, a very pale imitation of FF's FireBug. But better than nothing!

It looks like another case of a known issue we've run across with IE, where for some reason we have yet to fathom, it sometimes has problems attaching events to page elements. We thought we had a workaround for it, but even the workaround doesn't seem to be working in this case.

I'll get with Rob as soon as he gets back online (unlike myself, Rob seems to have a life), and see if we can come up with a solution.

One thing I would like you to try is to switch to a standard J! front end template for long enough to test this. I just noticed that your template has its own version of Mootools.js, and even though it looks like our calls are going through our version of mootools, I want to make sure this isn't related to have two different versions.

-- hugh

Oke, glad to hear it has to do with IE, i would say overboard with IE but quiet a few people are using it, so its very usefull to takle this problem...

Thanks for your time, and go live till Rob 's back.

Waiting to hear from you both. In the mean time i'll put on the standaard template.

greatings,

Henry

Still waiting for Rob to get over his real life and get back online.

But I think I've tracked the problem down, although haven't come up with a fix yet. It seems that on long forms in IE, the 'domready' event is firing before the 'load' event. We use the 'domready' event to set up the form elements, and the 'load' event to attach the custom JS events to those elements. Theoretically, the 'domready' event should awlays fire before 'load'. But apparently in IE this isn't always the case.

Anyway, hope to have a fix for this soon ...

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back