jdate element on a repeat group issue / bug

jmoises

i create a join list for a table to add comments, i change the group for table to view something like this.
upload_2021-10-27_11-17-52.png

it come to my atention that when i click the + (add) icon the date show the last date, not the current date and time, i dont know what to do, i have try multiple settings on the jdate element and same result,

thanks for any advise.

while i keep testing i notice this, i add a user element, to the form to keep log who add the comment,

if i click add (plus sign) the username is copy from last row,

upload_2021-10-27_13-42-23.png

but after safe you have correct username
upload_2021-10-27_13-43-43.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-27_13-40-51.png
    upload_2021-10-27_13-40-51.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 53
I cannot replicate this with jdate element. "Default to current date" is set to "Yes" and when duplicating repeat group row, current date/time is always displayed in the new row's jdate field.

Second issue, I can confirm that when you have element set as read-only by element access settings, then current row's value is always copied regardless of "Copy values" option in group settings. One workaround would be to enable access to the element and set it read-only in element javascript. In that case, if you have a chance that someone might hack (enable) the element in front-end, you can add extra php-validation to validate that the original value and new value are the same.

Or you could hide the element with custom javascript and add calc element to display the "user" (haven't tested if the calc element gets the correct value for current repeat row in this case).

I cannot replicate this with jdate element. "Default to current date" is set to "Yes" and when duplicating repeat group row, current date/time is always displayed in the new row's jdate field.

Second issue, I can confirm that when you have element set as read-only by element access settings, then current row's value is always copied regardless of "Copy values" option in group settings. One workaround would be to enable access to the element and set it read-only in element javascript. In that case, if you have a chance that someone might hack (enable) the element in front-end, you can add extra php-validation to validate that the original value and new value are the same.

Or you could hide the element with custom javascript and add calc element to display the "user" (haven't tested if the calc element gets the correct value for current repeat row in this case).

thank you for reply

here small video
https://imgur.com/a/WXwaeZ1

and here are the jdate elemente settings
upload_2021-10-29_11-36-14.png

i dont know how to avoid this i have make multiple changes to the settings and no luck

about the user thanks for the tips i will test was is the best option

I am having this issue with the exception that the date shows current date/time just fine. It is when I save the record that I see the date revert back to the date of the previous repeat record. Using JDate, no copying of repeat group records. Cleared cache several times and seemed at one time I had it working but had other issues where the formatting was preventing previously saved records from displaying at all. Not sure how exactly to work around this.

-Eugene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back