Joomla plugins in Fabrik tool tips?

I have some extensive help text for a specific element that depend on the selection of a previous element. E.g.: Selector element 1 has options [A, B, C]
Computation element 1 is a text field. Depending on the user's pick in Selector element 1, the tip displayed for this element should programmatically change.

Ideally I'm thinking the tip text could be in various articles making it simple for the site owner to edit. The RegularLabs Articles Anywhere could be used to render a specific article (set using the PHP option in the element's tip).

However, it seems the Joomla plugins are not run against the tip content. If I manually load the tip with "{article Article Title}[introtext]{/articles}" all that is rendered in the actual tip is "[introtext]".

Is there a way to do this? Should I use native Joomla methods to retrieve the article based on the contents of the previous selector element and render the article contents into the tip?

Update: It does actually show the entire "{article Article Title}[introtext]{/articles}" content. I was hoping this would be interpreted by the Joomla plugin and thus render the article of interest.

It seems this will have to happen as some form of JavaScript as tool tips would only be evaluated on form load, rather than on change of the selector 1 element.

Yup, that wouldn't be trivial. You'd have to roll your own AJAX code to fetch the new tooltip, and the JS to sit on the change event for the target element, fetch the new article content through AJAX, and insert it into the tooltip.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back