1. We suggest you do NOT update to Joomla 3.8.10 until we can resolve an issue it causes with caching in Fabrik. If you do install it, you'll need to disable Joomla's "System Cache" in the global System settings.
  2. Apologies for the recent server outage, a planned migration by our host provider to a new location turned into a bit of a nightmare.

Joomla User Form Query

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by sunnyjey, Jul 14, 2018.

1. sunnyjey

sunnyjey Active Member

Level: Community
    I have a Fabrik Form, where I have added additional Joomla User Form Plugin to register Public during submission of a new form. I have added, mapped and sync all J! fields including Optional fields, as mentioned in the WIKI. This works great!

So when someone submits the form, the J! user is created and auto-logged into the account as expected. The user can EDIT his own listing and doesn't have to fill the J! Password field again.

BUT, when the same logged user tries to submit NEW form, the Fabrik do not allow user to submit the form unless PASSWORD field is entered. I guess, this is quite irritating for the User to enter PASSWORD at every time to create NEW form. I tried to change Access for Password field to the GUEST, but no use.

Any pointers please ! Thanks in advance.

2. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Professional
    Do you have a validation rule on the password field?

Is the juser plugin set to only run on "new"?

-- hugh

3. sunnyjey

sunnyjey Active Member

Level: Community
    1. No. I dont have any validation of Password field

2. Yes. It is set to NEW

Still getting error. I guess, it looks like BUG. Pls check at your end.

4. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Professional
    Do you have "Joomla Password validation" enabled on the password element?

If so, then it's doing exactly what it should (and what you are asking it to do), applying J! password validation, and J! doesn't allow empty passwords.

Of course, if you turn that off, then we won't do J! password validation when the juser plugin runs, so juser will fail if their password doesn't meet J! rules.

The only other option would be to apply ACL's to that element so logged in users can't edit it (so set "add" permission to "Guest"). Of course, if you do sometimes want logged in users to set passwords when creating rows in that list, that won't work either. But if that's the case, I'm not sure what you expect the password validation to do ... we can't allow empty when creating an account.

-- hugh