• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Joomla version 3.5.x, Fabrik version ?

You should really update to the latest Joomla 3 version for security reasons.

Joomla 3.5.1 was released almost 4 years ago and there have been tens of version releases since then, many of which contain fixes for security vulnerabilities.

There will be problems if I install new Fabrik version on the previous installation data ?
( I have a lot of module and database fabrik on mi site )

Here is how I deal with such things for a site which does not have users changing files or database records...

1. Research compatibility of extensions and templates with the new version of Joomla.

2. Create a copy of the site to upgrade - create a test sub-domain, duplicate the file system and database, update the Joomla configuration file on the test file system to point to the duplicate database. Check that this copy is working just like the live site.

3. On the test system, upgrade the templates and extensions first and then Joomla - and then extensively test.

4. When you are happy it is all working, point the live subdomain to the new file system - and after a period of grace (just in case you need to back out) delete the original file system and database.

Last edited:
I strongly suspect that the current Fabrik version would have issues with J! 3.5.x. I'm fairly sure the oldest J! version it will work properly with is 3.7.1, due to some structural changes in J!.

It may "kinda" work, but some features and plugins will break.

-- hugh

There is problems in Fabrik PLUGINS MODULE when I migrate from J.3.4.8 to 3.5.0 .

When I add a plugin and click save , the previous plugins was deleted.

Does it happened to someone this problem in PLUG-INS MODULE ?

You always need the correct Fabrik version.
Joomla3.5 was released in March 2016!!!
I think you'll need at least Fabrik3.5 Core and all your plugins.

But it really doesn't make sense to run such outdated versions.

Problem is in either two ways is not possible to upgrade :
- beginning upgrading Joomla from 3.4.8 to 3.5 Fabrik fault
- beginning upgrading to fabrik 3.9 on joomla 3.4.8 joomla fault.

I don't understand where to download the correct fabrik version for joomla 3.4.8 and how to proceed .

Disable Fabrik System plugin, upgrade to totally outdated Joomla, install the "new" totally outdated Fabrik version (don't uninstall the old one).
Fabrik 3.9 on old Joomla 3.4 or 3.5 won't do.

But as I said: it doesn't make sense, there are severe security issues in Joomla and Fabrik, there's no support.

ok I suppose Upgrading Joomla and then reinstalling Fabrik is better ...
but :
Does new Fabrik installation mantain the old Fabrik's modules and Fabrik's plugins ?
or after reinstallation I have to rewrite all the Fabriks Plugins ??

I assume you didn't write new Fabrik plugins?

During an update or reinstall Fabrik doesn't delete anything.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/index/#installation-and-update

But it depends on your old Fabrik version, if you have custom Fabrik templates, custom php or JS code etc. what you have to adapt.

E.g. coming from Fabrik3.0 it's a migration not a simple update.
Running a recent php version on your server may require modifications in your custom php code etc.
It's a huge gap between your installation and today's versions.

See WIKI and forum posts (from about 2016!) what may be related to your setup.

As always and especially in "complicated" cases: Backup, test in a sandbox installation.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back