joomla3.7.3

I'm running 3.7.3, and have fixed a couple of issues.

I can't guarantee there aren't any more issues lurking, but so far it looks safe enough. You would probably want to do a github update right after updating J! though.

Note that we'll be releasing a new version of Fabrik within the next few days, which will include those minor fixes related to 3.7.3, so you might want to just hold off till then.

-- hugh

Hi,

I just tried the one click Joomla upgrade button in the admin panel, from Joomla! 3.6.5 Stable to 3.7.3 - but it didnt work, and bricked my site completely straight away, so I had to restore.

So I'm just wondering how urgent/critical the update is, both in general Joomla terms, and more specifically Fabrik. I'd love to put this off until the bugs are ironed out in the Fabrik github, presuming it is (relatively) safe to do so? Am I right in thinking the vulnerabilities wouldn't impact a 3.6.5 build as they were related to new features?

The error was
ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

i couldn't access admin panel or frontend, or anything at all.

Do you have gzip encoding enabled? This seems to be a lurking J! bug to do with the way it does gzip compression. It's also been reported if you do an upgrade and have the cache system plugin enabled.

I've not seen any other reports of this problem with the 3.7 update.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back